Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. I have a trio 1male 2 female plates. I noticed yesterday that I had some platy fry. I have a small HOB container that has a partition to keep the fry away from the females. So I set it up and put the females in there. It has a bubbler to have water flow in it. When I checked the HOB no fry were delivered. I think the females dropped the fry in the main tank and I was too late to separate them from the other fish in the tank. I don't know if I should wait another day to see if the females will drop anymore fry or put them back in the tank with the other fish. I saw the babies in the show tank. But now I don't see them. The show tank has neons, two small rainbows and a few BNP. If I do not get anymore fry from the females now. Will they drop in another month. Any signs I should look for to determine when they will drop again? Thanks:fish2::confused:

She may be stressed from the move and not drop anymore. I just leave my females in the main tank and make sure that there are a lot of hiding spots for the fry.

Back
Top Bottom