Platy fish disappeared!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarynsilva

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have just started my first ever freshwater aquarium (other then a beta fish i had for 3 years when i was ten, but i knew nothing then). A long 25 gallon tank with 6 plates, 4 baby bronze corys, 1 honey gourami, and a bunch of small snails. I got back from a trip the other day and noticed one of my bumblebee platies was gone. I searched the whole tank for him and couldn’t find him. The next day, he showed up, but he had a large fuzzy white spot near his tail fin. And his tail fin looked straight back instead of fanned out. I had figured out that I was ich, and I drove all over my town to get materials for a quarantine tank. But when I came back, he was gone. I searched in and under all the decorations, in the hang on back filter and in the sponge filter, all around the tank, and I couldn’t find him. It has been two days since I saw him last and I’m and starting to lose hope. I am doing a water change today so then I will know if he is in the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom