Platy has small cut in dorsal fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's so minor that she's not even showing any signs of pain but if you look it splits right through her dorsal fin

image-2829364607.jpg

Will this regenerate?

Given there is no underlying issue (infection or disease), yes it will heal. Clean water is all you should need so bump up your water change schedule for a while and monitor the fish.

blert said:
Given there is no underlying issue (infection or disease), yes it will heal. Clean water is all you should need so bump up your water change schedule for a while and monitor the fish.

I did a 30% water change with a siphon so that should help a lot

Bobjoefredsky said:
I did a 30% water change with a siphon so that should help a lot

I do 50% weekly so my tank water is really clean. My Angel tore her whole top fin right down the middle and it healed overnight! I was so surprised so it should be gone pretty soon.

vanimal said:
I do 50% weekly so my tank water is really clean. My Angel tore her whole top fin right down the middle and it healed overnight! I was so surprised so it should be gone pretty soon.

Wow just like a starfish lol

Anyway I was afraid of doing 50% weekly but now that you said it keeps your tank clean I'm totally doin it too!

Back
Top Bottom