Platy lying on bottom of 36;gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbysfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have 3 platies who have done well for about 1 month in the 36 gallon tank We have 16 fish that seem healthy. The largest platy has been lying at the bottom of the tank for 1 week. Her stomach is enlarged. We are not sure if the other 2 platies are males. Occasionally she rises to the top of the tank but then floats down. We haven’t seen her eat for a couple of days. We thought she was pregnant but as time goes on we think we should get some other ideas.Just changed filter and 25% of the water. She is a beautiful fish and would hate to loose her. Any suggestions are helpful thanks !

Hey!! I think she has a stomach problem, look up common fish stomach problems and see the symptoms, good luck! To get her to eat add two tiny pieces of minced garlic in the tank, it’ll make her want to eat, it’s always worked with my goldfish

I would suggest it may be Dropsy / Bloat search around on google should get some answers on how to treat it ,It is not something i have dealt with just know it is quite common usually caused by poor water conditions, overfeeding or stress

Wishing you and your fishy friend al the best

Back
Top Bottom