Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkA123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I got my aquarium a while ago an I just added sand a fee days ago. I rinsed it and followed the directions. It said wait 24 hours for crystal clear water. I water 72 hours, and you couldn't see anything in there I did a 100 percent water change. Don't worry the tank is not cycled or has any living things. Now my water is crystal clear but there's white streaks everywhere on the inside of the tank. I've tried taking it of with the rim of my fish net but it only took part of it off. I think when I put the sand In the water some of the sand dissolved making the water white and some of the sand decided to stick to my glass! So how do I clean this? It looks horrible and it's not forming on the walls anymore but how do I get it off? A sponge maybe? But I can't seem to find a sponge that doesn't have soap built into it! And if the sponge doesn't work what else should I try?

Take some foam from your filter to wipe it, or just use your hand. You could also use a paper towel, just don't let it break up in the tank.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom