Please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fit101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Two issues, first issue. My tiger barb is so bloated and pine coning. He is the second to do so the first one died. :-( I k ow the poor little guy has to be suffering. What can I do? Pics attached. Both barbs I have had over a year. :-(

Second issue. I had a 46 gallon hex tank and it started leaking at the seam half way down. In a panic went to pet smart and bout a new 47 gallon bow front. I love it!

All was fine, until I noticed my ph was a little high ammonia was increased slightly but nothing serious. I did a 10 gal water change, I always add aquarium salt and water purifier every time I do a water change. I am now adding a ph conditioner as well.

I use a new (bought it yesterday) marineland 350 wich I think is going to be great. My old filter is a marineland 250 which is still running until the other filter is seeded. 4 to 5 weeks is safe until I remove the old filter. yes?

Am I doing everything I should be doing correctly? My water looks like someone dumped several gallons of milk in but I've never had that problem before with water changes. This happened before the new filter was put on mind you.

I did have a sever ick outbreak when I changed tanks over I am guessing stress. It is now clear if ick but the water ugh! I'm told it's blooming and that's a good thing.

Let me preface, the new tank has been set up for almost two months, my water was crystal clear after the tank change. And now....

Thoughts??

Attachments

• image-1157430846.jpg
    image-1157430846.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3464851114.jpg
    image-3464851114.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3338333436.jpg
    image-3338333436.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 90
Pineconing of scales is dropsy I think. I'd post that in a thread in the unhealthy fish section ASAP so u can get some qualified help

Ponch said:
Pineconing of scales is dropsy I think. I'd post that in a thread in the unhealthy fish section ASAP so u can get some qualified help

I should also search that forum and google dropsy to get some fast insight. How long has he been like this?

Thank you Ponch I'll do that. Appreceait your help!

fit101 said:
Thank you Ponch I'll do that. Appreceait your help!

He has been bloating for several days. Started pineconeing last night.

My tiger barb is swimming all over the place and he's eating this morning, he is less bloated and scales are laying flatter. I was for sure he was a gonner. AMAZING!

That's great, usually when Dropsy gets that far, there's not much you can do!

Back
Top Bottom