Please help! =[

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tobielouise

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a small tropical aquarium, in which the water has suddenly become so coludy (milky not green) and the fish are dying, i also have another tank which has clean water but it's only been left for a day and a half to settle am i best transferring the fish from the cloudy tank into the clean one even if it hasn't had long to settle?

please could someone give me some advice? i really don't know what is best

I'm pretty new at this the tank was fine and the fish were healthy untill i got a snail infestation but after managing to get rid of the snails the water has become poison and all the fish are dying, would they die if i moved them into a clean tank? the water in the clean tank has only been sat for about a day and a half.

by transferring the fish to another tank and emptying the tank with the snails in. but i just want to know if i should move the fish out of the cloudy tank into the clean one

You have a bacterial bloom that will go away on its own. Just make sure you test your water.

The fact that you don't test the water is a HUGE thing.

Do you know what cycling a tank is? Do you know about water parameters such as ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH?

These are a HUGE part of fish keeping. If ammonia is above .25 it can kill your fish and if there's ANY trace of nitrite it can do the same. Look into the API freshwater master test kit you can get it on Amazon for 15 dollars right now (there's a sale going on)

Do you do water changes? How often?

I would get that test kit ASAP you're fish will not be healthy as they can be without it. If there's a nitrite or ammonia or even a pH spike, your fish will get unhealthy real fast and die off.

How are you transferring your fish? Just netting back and forth? And is the tank just an empty tank you fill and plop them in? Do you have a heater and filter with the right tank sizes? What IS your tank size? And stock?

Back
Top Bottom