Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What if that's not it? Will I hurt them if I try and treat for that and that's not it?
as long as you slowly raise the temp no. I personally think it's safer than putting medication on the fish. Soon if it is ich, they will begin to come aggravated and begin to scratch themselves on the gravel, which could injure them long term.

So it says if your fish can stand it to raise the heat higher then 86 is that specific types of fish or just have to watch for odd behaviour ?

Odd behavior..that's a really high temp for goldfish but not tropicals I currently have my tank set at 80/82 for my tropicals cuz my tap water comes out that high...Florida is wonderful...::eyeroll::

Well I wish I could say the heat worked I was putting it up a degree an hour just just before 84 at 1 am all hell broke loose. The other fish were getting extremely stressed and It was looking like I was going to loose molly so I had to go with the medicine in hopes of saving him. Looking a little better this morning everyone's calmed down and Molly is still breathing rapid but swimming around some. Now that I've put the medicine in should I keep the temputure up or back to around 80-82

You mis read me. It's a 4 day battle. A degree every 12 hours wouldo

No I understand but it wasn't going to be fast enough to save the fish that's dying

Hopefully all your fish make it. I lost one in the heat battle. But she was most infected.

And if I understand correctly your tank is still swamped with the buggers. So you might want to quarantine your tank, for a day or 2, and keep that heat at 86 or above. Or else it's going to happen all over again.

Yes I believe so. Ok I will keep it up just making sure the heat and medicine won't be too much
For them

Medicine doesn't seem to be working I woke up this morning and my Molly has a lump in her gills :( I think he's too far gone

I keep my tank at 75 most of the time. They seem happy and content with it there. 85 might be stressing them out highly. Does it look like ich on his gills?

I went back and read through the post and why exactly are you treating for ich with a temp increase when the only picture I saw didn't show a fish with ich? You can't see ich when it's in the gills. Are the fish rubbing against objects or the substrate? Do they have what appears to be salt grains on their skin? That is ich. Increased heat lowers the amount of oxygen in the water and is stressful on fish. Depending on the medicine your using along with high temps well that is hard on fish.

Back
Top Bottom