Please HELP....!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dman0617

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home from work and saw this little guy. I don't know if its a cut or something else. What is it.?!?!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1394746054940.jpg
    1394746054940.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 1394746071724.jpg
    1394746071724.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 186
Its an Oto and yes it still alive

It looks like a Hong Kong Pleco but I'm not 100%.. I'm probably wrong.. I'm sure someone will know

Looks like an otocinclus to me, the cut looks nasty is there anything sharp in your tank perhaps decor for example ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

reminds me of a cut, anything he could have run over that was sharp?? Poor fellow. Are any of the others looking like that?

I have regular gravel, no the others are fine I have 4 of em.

Nope nothing I would be concerned of being sharp

Can you notice anything sharp

Attachments

• 1394762363448.jpg
    1394762363448.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 1394762383594.jpg
    1394762383594.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 149
That is odd. It looks like a cut, but the placement is so perfect that it seems unlikely it would be, even if there was something sharp.
I would say the best move is to just keep the water as clean as you can and hope the fish heals itself. I don't know where it came from. It could have been some weird, freak occurrence with the filter intake or another fish I suppose.

I saw the water bottle baffle in the background. Any way the fish could have cut himself on the rough edge of that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I may know what it is. Usually catfish like hiding anywhere they can fit them selves. My Raphael spotted catfish squeezed right up against the heater and he got a burn mark on his belly that looked exactly like that. I may be wrong but the next time your heater is on it might be an idea to put your figure on it a check out how hot it is. I had a Marineland visi therm heater don't get me wrong it's a great heater but it gets to hot. I moved the catfish to my turtle tank were the heater is covered in a plastic guard and now my stupid catfish can't hurt himself.

I've heard stories about pleco/oto or bottom feeder fish that are burned by hot heaters... May it be that ?

Back
Top Bottom