Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarmandShan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good morning. I will try to make this quick. We had to buy a new tank because the one we had started to leak. We had angel fish for quite some time and wound up with just one. We upgraded to a 36 gallon from a 30 gallon. Our one angel fish went to fishy heaven so we decided to get something different with the new tank. We got 2 molly's and 1 platty with the help of our pet store attendant. As of now, this is our 4th batch because they haven't lasted one day in our new tank. We let it filter with no fish for about 4 weeks now and had the water tested several times. Went back yesterday for 3 new ones and woke up to 1 alive. Why do they keep dying?? Please help!!

There were numbers just test strip with colors. Only the alkalinity was low

Just came back from the store and FINALLY was suggested that we needed a bubbler. Did not realize that the fish was lacking oxygen. Got 3 giant danio's and doing great.

Frustration setting in

So the 3 giant danio's we got yesterday are now belly up. Even AFTER the bubbler went in. I just don't understand. Is there anything else we are NOT doing or NEED to do??

So the 3 giant danio's we got yesterday are now belly up. Even AFTER the bubbler went in. I just don't understand. Is there anything else we are NOT doing or NEED to do??
What are your exact water parameter numbers? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH? What water conditioner are you using to remove chlorine whenever you add or change water?

Just tested the water and everything was normal. Aqueon water conditioner is what we use.

Back
Top Bottom