PLEASE HELP! Cloudy eyes Betta..:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jojo75931

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got him from petco. 1st hes beautiful and 2nd i was hoping that i can cure his illness, but apparently 3 days with a few aquarium salts didnt do any good...im hoping that some of you guys will know what to do...

Continue your Awsome work!! ?

Sorry, i forgot to upload the pics.

Attachments

• 1402525688338.jpg
    1402525688338.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 114
  • 1402525709380.jpg
    1402525709380.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 124
Sorry, i forgot to upload the pics.

It does look like your fish has an illness, but I've never seen that before. Maybe someone will chime in on this. In the meantime, make sure the aquarium water is aerated and turn up the heater on your aquarium. Add some Stress Coat and add aquarium salt when needed. I think that is a correct procedure, but I haven't had sick fish in a while.

I'm not convinced that this betta is ill. All I see are possible color patterns on the fish and nothing to indicate that he is certainly sick. However, when my betta had cloudy eye I did 50% water changes every day or every other day and it eventually cleared. I would not use aquarium salt unless there is a specific illness you are trying to cure with it.

That was the problem, the eyes and i have been changing water. Its in a solitary 1gallon tank..

This fish looks fine, now. Most of the betta in stores have ammonia burn on their eyes due to sitting in their own filth in those tiny jars. It looks like it has already cleared up. I definitely wouldn't go tossing chemicals or meds in the tank just yet. Make sure you tank is in good order first (fully cycled, right temperature, pH, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, low nitrate or 0 nitrate).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I moved him to the 55 planted with solitary breeding cube. His eyes look the same. he miss his food sometimes. Like he couldnt see. But i hope it is not blindness

Back
Top Bottom