Please help me find an online betta supplier!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BarleyBear

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

I have been frustratingly scouring the Internet for days trying to find a betta supplier. I'm wanting to purchase a really stunning betta for my 12-gallon Fluval tank. My LFS's only carry the regular veil tail and a few crown tails. So far, the only US suppliers I've managed to find (and I've only found a couple) don't seem to have much stock at all, and the ones they do have, I'm not really interested in. It seems most of the ones I really like are shipped via transhippers to the US from Thailand, and that makes me a bit leery. I've seen suppliers listed on forums, but their links no longer work, so I'm assuming they're out of business. I've registered on aquabid.com, but--oh boy--what a horrible site to navigate! And, again, it seems most of the fish I like are from Thailand.

Does anyone know of any top-notch US suppliers of bettas? Barring that, does anyone know of any trustworthy Thai suppliers or aquabid sellers?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm at my wits end. I don't understand why we don't have some really good betta breeders here in the US or why they seem to be so hard to find.

IMO, you just have to be lucky and patient. Just keep checking the pet stores and over time you will find one:) sorry I couldn't help

I've registered on aquabid.com, but--oh boy--what a horrible site to navigate! And, again, it seems most of the fish I like are from Thailand.

try aquabid.com
Please read what the OP posted again. :)

Hey Barley, there definitely isn't much to choose from in this area. People tend not to breed bettas in the US, I think primarily because it is fairly difficult and requires lots of work as they grow out and all that. I've heard a lot of good reports about the thai bettas but I've never tried it myself.

Thanks guys,

I just bit the bullet and ordered from a supplier in Thailand. I originally wanted a red or black and red crowntail, but I found this chocolate and mustard halfmoon that I just couldn't resist. Since so many of the ones I found on THEIR sites were already sold out, I just decided to go for it. I don't even know for sure how much shipping is going to cost me! But one of their Transhippers is in Atlanta, GA, which is only a few hours away, and I've contacted her already.

I'll try to post a pic of the one I ordered. I just fell in love with him! Hope he gets here safely and looks as beautiful as his photo.

Thanks for the help. I'll post again after he arrives to detail my experience ordering from this company. They are Nicebettas.com. The pics are all supposed to be of the actual fish you'll receive.

BTW, one site that really impressed me was BettaAkapes.com. They post really nice pictures of their stock AND every single one has a small video clip of the beautiful little guys, so you get to see them swimming around! I would have ordered from them, but, alas, the ones I really wanted were already sold.

. . . and it didn't. Here goes try #2.

20.jpg

There he is, my little chocolate jewel! Wish him luck traveling to FL all the way from Thailand.

Back
Top Bottom