Please Help Me With Sand Fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman60

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I've built a sand fall like the one shown somewhere here. Theres a piece of plexi for the back and a tube connected to the back of the plexi with a air line going into the tube with sand in it on the front. I have a angled piece of plexi at the top about a 1" down and a v-shape near the bottom. The holes are under the top angled shelf and above the V at the bottom. A piece of Styrofoam is at the bottom with river rocks siliconed to it. Also, I have marble chips silicone to the front onto the painted plexi. The sand is a bottle of fine sand from hobby lobby. Is this too thin? Maybe as the sand shoots out the top hole with a sandy fog not stream running down the front. I've changed pumps and also used a valve to adjust the air flow. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've worked on this fall for 2 to 3 weeks and its still just a project not finished.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, your post is very hard to read, could you put in some punctuation? Your sand fall sounds really neat. I believe Jetajockey has a sand fall if you want to contact them.

Back
Top Bottom