please help my friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fonze

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok here's what has happened. A friend of mine adopted two Molly's in a nano tank (yes I know) after consulting with me about the best thing for the fish I managed to get him a second hand 130 litre tank I gave him my old internal filter a juwel one for Rio 125 got everything clean and added cycle then put the fish in. Not ideal I know but better than the fish not being able to swim. That was week ago so I phoned him this evening to see how it's going and he says hes added more fish. Needless to say there where a few expletives from me. He's added some glow light tetra 6 I think, 3 more Molly's, 3 guppies and a plec (don't know what type). I need to know a water change schedule for stocking that quickly and if there's anything else should be looking out for. I've been in the hobby for about 8 months and he's been in it for five mins so we don't exactly make the best team. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Large changes, and daily. Do you have a water test kit? That would help A LOT if you dont you'll never really know if youre cycled. I am not sure ghe conversion of liters to gallons, is that something like a 40g tank? If so at least 50% daily if not twice daily because of the high bipload of those particular fish. You also should find out what kind of pleco that is and make sure he is supplementing algae wafers. In a tank that new that pleco ia going to have nothing to eat. Biggest thing, keep up on those large frequent water changes and get a test kit. Good luck.

Large changes, and daily. Do you have a water test kit? That would help A LOT if you dont you'll never really know if youre cycled. I am not sure ghe conversion of liters to gallons, is that something like a 40g tank? If so at least 50% daily if not twice daily because of the high bipload of those particular fish. You also should find out what kind of pleco that is and make sure he is supplementing algae wafers. In a tank that new that pleco ia going to have nothing to eat. Biggest thing, keep up on those large frequent water changes and get a test kit. Good luck.

A 130 is 31 imperial gallons. With adding that many fish at once it can cause a mini cycle. Whic isn't good. Your friend needs to be doing large water changes per day. He also needs to get an API test kit. The post above has explained everything else. :)

Back
Top Bottom