Please help with apollo shark ASAP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have one apollo shark, he is very aggressive towards my other fish. He's chases them and nips their fins. I know your supposed to have at least 4 for them to school with. Im wondering if this is why hes being aggressive. I want to buy more but will have to wait till I go to the city this weekend. Will buying more fix this problem, or make it worse. All my fish hide all day because of him :(. They aren't supposed to be aggressive so its a little odd. I also don't want to get rid of him because I'm quite fond of him.

What I would do immediately is if you have another aquarjum or a tub or plastic bin fill it with the aquarium water and put him n there or put the fish in there. Why did you buy it if you knew they had to be in groups?

What type of fish are you keeping him with? What size aqarium do you have? They are less aggressive to fish of equal or larger size. Get more of the sharks ASAP.

They only had one in the store and told me they were getting more in but they didn't.

He's with danios, guppies, plecos, glass fish, dojo loaches and a rope fish. He's in a 110 gal with 30 gal sump

He's with danios, guppies, plecos, glass fish, dojo loaches and a rope fish. He's in a 110 gal with 30 gal sump

The danios and guppies will have a problem with the shark. However, the pleco, rope fish, dojo loaches, and maybe glass fish should definitely be fine with the shark. Especially the rope fish as it is also an aggressive species. Plecos as well.

Well since I got the shark the rope fish leaves the other fish alone but now the shark picks on them. So adding more sharks won't fix the problem? I was Hoping they'd be to busy hanging with each other to bug the other fish.

Well since I got the shark the rope fish leaves the other fish alone but now the shark picks on them. So adding more sharks won't fix the problem? I was Hoping they'd be to busy hanging with each other to bug the other fish.

I'm not sure if adding more will help. I have never had apollo sharks. I think that adding more hiding spots for the smaller fish will help the shark get bored with chasing them. Or add large live plants as natural decor/hiding place. A planted tank can help the smaller fish by making the larger fish more clumsy going around the tank.

Here's my tank lol

Attachments

• image-377798318.jpg
    image-377798318.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 117
Does anyone have any experience keeping these sharks, I really need some info the net doesn't have any concrete info some say peacefull others say not. I need to know whether to rehome him or get more, I'm leaving in two days!!!

Maybe my pet store told me they were getting more, as I mentioned earlier........

Unless you have comments that are actually useful to me now... I'd appreciate if you kept your judgmental posts to your self. Or seeing how you are an expert maybe you have something helpful to say.

I'm not being mean, I just don't appreciate when people come onto threads just to throw their 2 cents In. Rather than give information that can help someone in the current position they are in.

Back
Top Bottom