Please help with my Kribs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
looking for advice.. i currently have a 75 gallon tank with a pair of breeding kribs.. i also have 20 tigerbarbs and a rainbow shark... the kribs successfully bred last week but of course the 50 or so babies became food and are now all gone. I have a 29 gallon tank that sits in my basement empty right now in storage. My 75 gallon also has two AC filters a 110 and a 70.
If I were to fill up this tank(29 gallon) and put the two kribs in the new tank will they stay a pair still? I assume they will start breeding again pretty soon... I noticed some dead tiger barbs over the past couple weeks that i can only assume were killed by the mating kribs. Also since i have a AC 70, can i just put the AC 70 in the 29 gallon tank and hope for a close to instant cycle? and will the 75 gallon tank suffer now if i remove one of the filters. I will buy a new AC 70 and put the new one in the 75 gallon tank.... I am so sorry as this is probably very confusing... I just dont want to keep going thru this with the Kribs... I dont really want baby kribs as i have no where to put them but i dont know of any other options as my kribs are getting mean to the other fish while breeding... .... thank you.

Fill the other tank with your 75g water, when you do a WC, put your ac 70 in without cleaning it and yes your tank will be cycled........

Sorry if I come off mean but you shouldn't post the same thread on different areas of the forum. Just post once in the best-fitting area and hopefully you'll get some good responses. I did post an answer on the other thread in the cichlid area, though.

Sorry if I come off mean but you shouldn't post the same thread on different areas of the forum. Just post once in the best-fitting area and hopefully you'll get some good responses. I did post an answer on the other thread in the cichlid area, though.
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean, I am answering the person above, ie Yankeeslover

sorry guys about posting in two areas..i was not sure where to post this question... i will stick here... appologize
So i have decided to start up my old 29 gallon.. I will fill it with water from the 75 gallon during the pwc and put in the whole filter assembly from the existing AC70.. will the two kribs reunite in the new tank together? and any idea what other kind of fish will co-exist with kribs and krib fry? like i said, i have no plans on keeping the babies... i will have to drive 35 minutes to petstore to bring the babies. but doesnt make much sense to have them breed and have all the fry be eaten..i just dont feel right doing that. Once i put these two in the 29 gallon, what are decent tank mates that shouldnt bother the fry? thanks

sorry guys about posting in two areas..i was not sure where to post this question... i will stick here... appologize
So i have decided to start up my old 29 gallon.. I will fill it with water from the 75 gallon during the pwc and put in the whole filter assembly from the existing AC70.. will the two kribs reunite in the new tank together? and any idea what other kind of fish will co-exist with kribs and krib fry? like i said, i have no plans on keeping the babies... i will have to drive 35 minutes to petstore to bring the babies. but doesnt make much sense to have them breed and have all the fry be eaten..i just dont feel right doing that. Once i put these two in the 29 gallon, what are decent tank mates that shouldnt bother the fry? thanks

Lol it's fine. I wouldn't know any compatible tank mates for them as I've never tried to breed mine. Sorry :D

Back
Top Bottom