please identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadrider5953

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 3 fish that look exactly like the black phantom tetra but they are silver/clear and they have the same black markings on them. does anyone know what they are? answers appreciated.

-Kyle

Black phantom tetras are black & translucent so I am not understanding your question. How do you know the fish you have are "not" black phantom tetras? Maybe it would help if you described the "differences" between what you have and the phantom tetra.

There are a couple of tetras that are black/clear

Black widow tetra/black skirt
Black phantom

The phantom has one black mark like a teardrop
The black widow has 3 vertical black bars

hope that helps

blacktetra.jpg

Black skirt tetra

Black%20Phantom%20Tetra.jpg

Black Phantom

im sorry. i looked it up online and it looked different but when i looked in a book i noticed it was the black phantom tetrs. sorry that i didnt check first but thanks for your answers anyways.

Does you know if they are hardy fish? And the 3 i have seem to be schooling is that normal? The book says not to keep them in a community but is it ok if i do?

TIA
-Kyle

They do school and yes, they are hardy fish. They can be nippy though, but keeping them in a school, I believe helps limit that. I've kept them in community tanks with angels, discus, congro tetras and even live bearers without to much fuss.

Back
Top Bottom