Please sex my angels!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Some say it's impossible and yet some say it's not so can anyone sex my three angels for me? :)

All three have "forked" ventral fins on the bottom, not sure if that makes a difference

ForumRunner_20120923_162032.jpg

ForumRunner_20120923_162043.jpg

ForumRunner_20120923_162107.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120923_162020.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120923_162020.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 98
The only for sure to sex angels is to wait until they pair up and breed. The female breeding tube will drop and has the shape of a pencil eraser, the males looks pointed like a sharpened pencil end. Females tubes are very easy to see when she is getting ready to lay. Many say you can tell by the forehead hump but it is not reliable. So sorry, you will just have to wait and see. They mature and can breed by 8 months of age.

I would bet, in order of your pics, F/M/M. But it is true that sexing angels is unreliable, but there are several ways and sometimes the features are very prominent so you can make a pretty good educated guess.

i agree with zimm the males usually have a hump on there head and the females tend to be smaller and fatter bellys. i have over 75 angels and my guesses on sex are 80 % rite. good luck and very beautiful angels also.

IMO its fairly easy to sex angels if you have two or three and compare them side by side like with your pictures, it's a little bit harder, for me at least, to sex them when theyre singled out.

Thanks everyone for your responses! The main reason I ask is because i'd like to try to prevent any chances of breeding... I've dealt with the mate competition before and the angels we had behaved far from angelic lol

Back
Top Bottom