Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kinili

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just bought a bristlenose Pleco. What are can someone give me the run down on the best way to care for it and opinion. It's in a 29gallon tank.

Kinili said:
Just bought a bristlenose Pleco. What are can someone give me the run down on the best way to care for it and opinion. It's in a 29gallon tank.

Probly should of asked this question first lol, care same as any fish except eats sinking foods, like pellets, algae waffers, zukkini, cucumbers, some extra food on the bottom, debatable if they like natural wood in their tank. There's a lot more I'll save it for someone who's expertise is on them

I have found that my bristlenose does not like the wood, but it is good for your water anyways to have it in there. Mine loves the algae wafers, cucumber, and even watermelon. I leave the watermelon in only for about 4 hours at most and leave a little red on it when you put it in. I have found that NOT blanching is better than blanching, just attach it to a rock or a stainless steel fork and weigh it to the bottom. I have found that she does not like the zucchini that much and she still tears up the side of the tank at night.

Mine doesn't touch the DW either. And tears up the side of the tank? Do you mean the acrylic? Bc mine munches on my acrylic and idk If this can be a problem

I feed my BN (though some of the other fish eat them too) canned green beans once weekly. They sink on their own, so no fork to pull out later, and the BN clean them up completely overnight.

Back
Top Bottom