Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The nugget is doing great. He's made a home under the rock air bubbler he likes the current. And he thinks he's boss of the tank (I think) he likes to sit on the highest point of the drift wood all flared up he's cool....

We are thinking of doing a 46g bow front with a could banded cichlids and the mustard spot pleco. And the gold nugget will be in a 36 bow front all natural once i get it all cycled and what not so if he's loves the current tank he'll be in heaven for his perm. Tank

The nugget is doing great. He's made a home under the rock air bubbler he likes the current. And he thinks he's boss of the tank (I think) he likes to sit on the highest point of the drift wood all flared up he's cool....

We are thinking of doing a 46g bow front with a could banded cichlids and the mustard spot pleco. And the gold nugget will be in a 36 bow front all natural once i get it all cycled and what not so if he's loves the current tank he'll be in heaven for his perm. Tank

Sweet! They're going to love those tanks. The cichlids are a sound idea :) they shouldn't mess around.

I just saw your post on new jersey cichlids on fb.

I just saw your post on new jersey cichlids on fb.

Lol yeah I post there and pa cichlids I'm trying to plan my new project so that's its done right. I'm up grading one tank and setting up a new one.

Sweet! They're going to love those tanks. The cichlids are a sound idea :) they shouldn't mess around.

I'm hoping I'm really up in the air tho about the banded cichlids I've read good and bad about them. But who know maybe I'll have luck the hubby says if I can have specially plecos why can't we have specially cichlids lol

Yea I know my filter fell of the back wit my climpsness and everything clouded up.... Ill do another 20% or so change again tomorrow but all levels are stable just checked again. I was have. And I'm taken the pics wit an phone so not best quality. And I gotta change the carbon getting close to that time but I don't like doing everything all at once with media changes and sponge rinsing.

Yea I know my filter fell of the back wit my climpsness and everything clouded up.... Ill do another 20% or so change again tomorrow but all levels are stable just checked again. I was have. And I'm taken the pics wit an phone so not best quality. And I gotta change the carbon getting close to that time but I don't like doing everything all at once with media changes and sponge rinsing.

Right, I do everything at once even though it's bad haha. I like just getting it all over with.

Here's that angel I got to :) she is doing great but sadly I lost the other one like an after I put her in the tank :-( she had a bloated belly. So did this one but peas worked for her it was just just to late for the other I can't believe I didn't notice it when we were at the store. I was to excited

image-819224657.jpg

Wow they look like tigers! A breeding pair of those would look great :/

They had Altums at my lfs but my tanks would be terrible for them lol. Maybe one day.

I'm thinking about getting a couple more when my 36 cycles and let 2 pair up than split the remaining in other tanks or pass them to some one else. They are beautiful tho right.

I have a question I boil all the water for the tank because my tap water is yuck, could that be why I get cloudy water after a water change because its only ever cloudy after water changes but by the next morning they are cleared back up mostly my cichlid tank takes till about afternoon. I've tested the tap its not bad actually perfect ph for the gold nugget. But it's discolored. Makes me look like a bad owner :-(.... I do water test every day and keep a note book of notes (I know I go over board) so that if some thing ever went wrong I could look back and see what's been going on because my memory isn't all that great with number and multiple tanks.

Thanks for your time :)

He's beautiful was he expensive? He almost looks like my clown pleco but wider markings.

Maybe I worded it wrong. Would the tap water being discolored cause cloudiness. When we moved I was in a rush to get my tanks back going because of the fish being stressed in buckets and the first time I filled the tanks they were all like yellow and that was after an hr of just running water because no one lived there for a while. After a couple days it cleared I'm assuming because of the carbon so I've been boiling ever since its dont get rid of the yellow tint but its a lot better. We never had this problem where we were before the water was as perfect as it could get. We are thinking about getting an ro filter thing(sorry I'm drawing a blank on the actual name) I know it's good for sw but it be good for my fresh water guys? (I also have a 24g nano tank but I always use sea water for it and now that we moved and the water is less than good if its going to benefit my prides ill start mixing lol)

Again thank you for your!!!

He's beautiful was he expensive? He almost looks like my clown pleco but wider markings.

Maybe I worded it wrong. Would the tap water being discolored cause cloudiness. When we moved I was in a rush to get my tanks back going because of the fish being stressed in buckets and the first time I filled the tanks they were all like yellow and that was after an hr of just running water because no one lived there for a while. After a couple days it cleared I'm assuming because of the carbon so I've been boiling ever since its dont get rid of the yellow tint but its a lot better. We never had this problem where we were before the water was as perfect as it could get. We are thinking about getting an ro filter thing(sorry I'm drawing a blank on the actual name) I know it's good for sw but it be good for my fresh water guys? (I also have a 24g nano tank but I always use sea water for it and now that we moved and the water is less than good if its going to benefit my prides ill start mixing lol)

Again thank you for your!!!

Lol he was 20$

I can't really help so much with that dice I've never gone through that experience. Maybe someone else can chime in to help. An RO filter (reverse osmosis) filter would be great. Saves you alot of work dechlorinating water too.

I'm very excited I couldn't find my butterfly pleco for almost 2 weeks I almost gave up on him, now magically here he is during the day

Attachments

• image-3500332688.jpg
    image-3500332688.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image-4129294109.jpg
    image-4129294109.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom