Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed we prolly won't start that for couple more mons I already got projects going lol. I'm going to attempt to make my own stands.

Today when I turned on my lights there was a couple Cory eggs not a lot they must have goten munched on

Wow, nice are you going to seperate and put them in a fry box?

Not this batch I really don't have the room for them till the 36 cycles. My plecos take up all bottom space but I'm not gunna remove them either. If one or survive its fine. But next batch I will be putting in the breeder. It's happened before to after a water change.

Enjoying his nice new piece of drift wood. Could added this drift wood be the cause of my discolored water? I just started putting drift wood in like the week before I got the gold nugget and mustard spot...

image-3561038161.jpg

image-1254563167.jpg

The angel is also moved over now.... I just can't figure out this off color of my water :-((( all my levels are zeros except nitrates is about 5.

Enjoying his nice new piece of drift wood. Could added this drift wood be the cause of my discolored water? I just started putting drift wood in like the week before I got the gold nugget and mustard spot...

The angel is also moved over now.... I just can't figure out this off color of my water :-((( all my levels are zeros except nitrates is about 5.

Yes, driftwood is most likely your water color problem. It's just tannis leaking out of the wood and it's not harmful to your fish. I had a piece of driftwood in my 10 gallon and my water looked like tea forever. I finally took it out and I am soaking it in a bucket. If you keep up with water changes, it should eventually go away.

Tannins have anti-bacterial and fungal properties. They also lower the ph of the aquarium which is good for your angels and your plecos. Getting rid of the tannins is your call

Awesome I did notice the ph went down a little which is cool my tap water is a lil high but not much the guy I know at the one store said it wasn't high enough to effect them so it was better to leave it steady than to mess with it.

Surfer- we decided against doing a 45 bow for some banded cichlids and just going to do one big tank for behind the couch. We got our self wrapped up in all these wants and budget just isn't going to allow for all right now to them properly any way I don't wanna do half assed tanks. But I'll take what I can have :) and my upgrade for the community tank. So two projects should keep me busy for while

Awesome I did notice the ph went down a little which is cool my tap water is a lil high but not much the guy I know at the one store said it wasn't high enough to effect them so it was better to leave it steady than to mess with it.

Surfer- we decided against doing a 45 bow for some banded cichlids and just going to do one big tank for behind the couch. We got our self wrapped up in all these wants and budget just isn't going to allow for all right now to them properly any way I don't wanna do half assed tanks. But I'll take what I can have :) and my upgrade for the community tank. So two projects should keep me busy for while

Sounds like a plan then, looking forward to seeing the projects! I haven't seen the underbelly of my clown in a while, kinda makes me want to check out her markings now, yours look awesome. She can change from brown to almost black though, looks really nice

Attachments

• image-2829744190.jpg
    image-2829744190.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 64
Sounds like a plan then, looking forward to seeing the projects! I haven't seen the underbelly of my clown in a while, kinda makes me want to check out her markings now, yours look awesome. She can change from brown to almost black though, looks really nice

Wow he's nice!!!! Mines just a Tiney dude maybe 1.5 inches if that and I've had him almost a year. See my monster cat behind the clown my blue eyed monster (actually the bf)

I let my bf did a water change today because I have some kinda bug and was in bed all day. I must say I was nervous but he did a great job!!

image-3166496535.jpg

He did all 4 tanks :)

He sounds like a 'keeper' for sure! :)

He is lol. He wants his own tank but he's the kinda person that just brings home fish with out even knowing what the heck it is.

He did great except clean up his mess

He is lol. He wants his own tank but he's the kinda person that just brings home fish with out even knowing what the heck it is.

He did great except clean up his mess

That's awesome, I maintain my gf's tanks all the time cause she can't break a nail :p sounds like a good guy!

Here's a new pic of my babies lol. The gold nugget is either by the filter of on the drift wood. And that plant that's up rooted by the smaller angel, every time I put it back in the gravel the angels up root it and put it right there?!? Guess they don't like it lol. Water is starting to clear up I think it was a bacteria bloom from me knocking the filter off and everything falling out. But they are doing great and can't wait for their tank to be ready :)

image-40053325.jpg

Nice! The angels are beautiful. I want to make sure if I can safely put one in my tank, but I think it'll be troublesome when it gets bigger :/

The gold nugget died last night. I don't know why my water was perfect. :-( the mustard spot and angels are doing great!!!!

Back
Top Bottom