Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
Pleco

Hi all I picked up a mustard spot pleco last fri and this week I got this guy. "Gold nugget" he seems lighter colored than my other gold nugget tho

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-189915689.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	181875
__________________

__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Scottyhorse's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 3,823
Looks like a gold nugget to me.
__________________

__________________
Starting over...... Kinda.

3, 20, 25, 33 Gallon FW Tanks.....For Now


Scottyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
I know my other one I got full grown so I didn't get see him young
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
Sweet, I'm picking up a 4-5" nugget for 50$ tomorrow ill post pics here. We can have a nugget thread lol
__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
Lol that's how big my first one was 5.5 inches when I first got him. They are cool. I want a pleco that's got gold nugget colors and the mustard spot pleco body shape. I hope no more cool plecos are coming in soon.
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
The pleco was a no-go -.- I got red and white shrimp instead.
__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
The pleco was a no-go -.- I got red and white shrimp instead.
Sorry :-(... I have a hard time passing up a cool pleco... I'm on the hunt for a starlight pleco.
I currently have the mustard spot and gold nugget together they are fine for now. They are just together till I decided which I wanna put in with my Africans. I'm not sure if I want either in with them lol. All tho there is a 2 inch clown pleco in there they don't both. But a lil voice telling me don't do it. Hehe
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymama18301 View Post

Sorry :-(... I have a hard time passing up a cool pleco... I'm on the hunt for a starlight pleco.
I currently have the mustard spot and gold nugget together they are fine for now. They are just together till I decided which I wanna put in with my Africans. I'm not sure if I want either in with them lol. All tho there is a 2 inch clown pleco in there they don't both. But a lil voice telling me don't do it. Hehe
Yeah, definitely not the gold nugget. They're really finicky with water params. If I ha to put one it would be the mustard spot, but if I had a choice I would put neither lol.

I did find white spot bristlenoses. Not as nice as starlights but they look the same without the white lining. They should be easy enough to breed
__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
I had a Bristol nose that had white in him! Sadly my cat got him :-( he surfed the top of the water every morning and she got him I believe it was tue morning so now I'm down a pleco :-(. But I wanna find good quality Bristol nose or maybe super red Bristol nose I don't know yet I think I wanna do a pair if bristols in my 55. There's to many plecos I want.
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymama18301 View Post
I had a Bristol nose that had white in him! Sadly my cat got him :-( he surfed the top of the water every morning and she got him I believe it was tue morning so now I'm down a pleco :-(. But I wanna find good quality Bristol nose or maybe super red Bristol nose I don't know yet I think I wanna do a pair if bristols in my 55. There's to many plecos I want.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shp&1373078355

In that case, here you go. I want to breed more expensive plecs but you might like and want to try these. 5 for 25$+shipping. Can't beat that.

Plus they're F1, so much better.

Also, the starlights you're looking for

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shp&1372045708
__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bettaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,981
I wish my lfs would carry some rare pleco species. I'd like to keep green phantom or gold nugget plecos.
__________________
Rule number one: Always research a fish before you buy it.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
I wish my lfs would carry some rare pleco species. I'd like to keep green phantom or gold nugget plecos.
Gold nuggets are cool ask then to order it for you! If you have a pet supply around you ask them to order u one they have a whole list of specialty plecos they can order they just don't bc they are expensive to be having waiting around in there tank my sister picked me up a second baby gold nugget idiots had it labeled at candy strip pleco ill look into shipping where u located at? I don't need 3 of them but my sister just Cudnt pass up 5$
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shp&1373078355

In that case, here you go. I want to breed more expensive plecs but you might like and want to try these. 5 for 25$+shipping. Can't beat that.

Plus they're F1, so much better.

Also, the starlights you're looking for

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shp&1372045708
Thank you for that site!!! Here the one my cat got :-(

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-820887114.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	182128



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2875037322.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	182129
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
I order most of my plecos from there. Snookn has good deals.

And wow he looked cute nice spotting too, and beginning to develop bristles
__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I order most of my plecos from there. Snookn has good deals.

And wow he looked cute nice spotting too, and beginning to develop bristles
Yeah I was a lil up set he started getting his bristols like two weeks ago and I was so excited....

The gold nugget is getting use to the tank he spend 90% of his time in the drift wood mess lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2994102682.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	182211
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymama18301 View Post

Yeah I was a lil up set he started getting his bristols like two weeks ago and I was so excited....

The gold nugget is getting use to the tank he spend 90% of his time in the drift wood mess lol
He's looking good, keep a close eye on him
__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
Oh I am lol. They are very very picky. The mustard spot is coming out more now to woo hoo. What kinda food do you feed your plecos ? If you don't mind me asking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2023776281.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	182222
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymama18301 View Post
Oh I am lol. They are very very picky. The mustard spot is coming out more now to woo hoo. What kinda food do you feed your plecos ? If you don't mind me asking.
Good, he's getting comfortable.
And Oh i dont mind, whatever will help you out

i feed Hikari algae tablets,
And aqueon shrimp pellets for protein.

Once every 3 days I add in a slice of cucumber, sometimes zucchini.
__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Babymama18301's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 117
I've been using API shrimp pellets with seaweed( i use to aqueon shrimp pellets but switch bc they seemed to get smaller and my Africans were getting fat so I thought sum thing wit seaweed should be a lil better I have AAF cats with the cichlids ) tetra wafers the extreme ones lol. Also API wafers and all my fish get veggies every other day. How do you keep the cucumber down for the pleco? (I've been trying a million things since I stared)
__________________
Babymama18301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
That seems like a good diet plecos prefer it freshly sliced so just stick a metal fork through it and let it sink. Veggie clips work too. If you don't feel like doing any of that though, blanching them works too. The slices sink right to the bottom.

How's the nugget so far?
__________________

__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.