Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babymama18301

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I picked up a mustard spot pleco last fri and this week I got this guy. "Gold nugget" he seems lighter colored than my other gold nugget tho

image-189915689.jpg

I know :) my other one I got full grown so I didn't get see him young

Lol that's how big my first one was 5.5 inches when I first got him. They are cool. I want a pleco that's got gold nugget colors and the mustard spot pleco body shape. I hope no more cool plecos are coming in soon. :)

The pleco was a no-go -.- I got red and white shrimp instead.

Sorry :-(... I have a hard time passing up a cool pleco... I'm on the hunt for a starlight pleco.
I currently have the mustard spot and gold nugget together they are fine for now. They are just together till I decided which I wanna put in with my Africans. I'm not sure if I want either in with them lol. All tho there is a 2 inch clown pleco in there they don't both. But a lil voice telling me don't do it. Hehe

Sorry :-(... I have a hard time passing up a cool pleco... I'm on the hunt for a starlight pleco.
I currently have the mustard spot and gold nugget together they are fine for now. They are just together till I decided which I wanna put in with my Africans. I'm not sure if I want either in with them lol. All tho there is a 2 inch clown pleco in there they don't both. But a lil voice telling me don't do it. Hehe

Yeah, definitely not the gold nugget. They're really finicky with water params. If I ha to put one it would be the mustard spot, but if I had a choice I would put neither lol.

I did find white spot bristlenoses. Not as nice as starlights but they look the same without the white lining. They should be easy enough to breed :)

I had a Bristol nose that had white in him! Sadly my cat got him :-( he surfed the top of the water every morning and she got him I believe it was tue morning so now I'm down a pleco :-(. But I wanna find good quality Bristol nose or maybe super red Bristol nose I don't know yet I think I wanna do a pair if bristols in my 55. There's to many plecos I want.

I had a Bristol nose that had white in him! Sadly my cat got him :-( he surfed the top of the water every morning and she got him I believe it was tue morning so now I'm down a pleco :-(. But I wanna find good quality Bristol nose or maybe super red Bristol nose I don't know yet I think I wanna do a pair if bristols in my 55. There's to many plecos I want.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishp&1373078355

In that case, here you go. I want to breed more expensive plecs but you might like and want to try these. 5 for 25$+shipping. Can't beat that.

Plus they're F1, so much better.

Also, the starlights you're looking for

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishp&1372045708

I wish my lfs would carry some rare pleco species. I'd like to keep green phantom or gold nugget plecos.

I wish my lfs would carry some rare pleco species. I'd like to keep green phantom or gold nugget plecos.

Gold nuggets are cool ask then to order it for you! If you have a pet supply around you ask them to order u one they have a whole list of specialty plecos they can order they just don't bc they are expensive to be having waiting around in there tank my sister picked me up a second baby gold nugget idiots had it labeled at candy strip pleco ill look into shipping where u located at? I don't need 3 of them but my sister just Cudnt pass up 5$

I order most of my plecos from there. Snookn has good deals.

And wow he looked cute :) nice spotting too, and beginning to develop bristles

I order most of my plecos from there. Snookn has good deals.

And wow he looked cute :) nice spotting too, and beginning to develop bristles

Yeah I was a lil up set he started getting his bristols like two weeks ago and I was so excited....

The gold nugget is getting use to the tank he spend 90% of his time in the drift wood mess lol

image-2994102682.jpg

Oh I am lol. They are very very picky. The mustard spot is coming out more now to :) woo hoo. What kinda food do you feed your plecos ? If you don't mind me asking.

image-2023776281.jpg

Oh I am lol. They are very very picky. The mustard spot is coming out more now to :) woo hoo. What kinda food do you feed your plecos ? If you don't mind me asking.
Good, he's getting comfortable.
And Oh i dont mind, whatever will help you out :)

i feed Hikari algae tablets,
And aqueon shrimp pellets for protein.

Once every 3 days I add in a slice of cucumber, sometimes zucchini.

I've been using API shrimp pellets with seaweed( i use to aqueon shrimp pellets but switch bc they seemed to get smaller and my Africans were getting fat so I thought sum thing wit seaweed should be a lil better I have AAF cats with the cichlids ) tetra wafers the extreme ones lol. Also API wafers and all my fish get veggies every other day. How do you keep the cucumber down for the pleco? (I've been trying a million things since I stared)

That seems like a good diet :) plecos prefer it freshly sliced so just stick a metal fork through it and let it sink. Veggie clips work too. If you don't feel like doing any of that though, blanching them works too. The slices sink right to the bottom.

How's the nugget so far?

Back
Top Bottom