Pleco???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50 may have been an exaggeration, but they have a lot more than other stores. Tomorrow i am planning on going to a small LFS To look around. They dont have much but they have some interesting fish there.

I think i like the clown and rubber-lip plecos best, they look good and they are very cheap. Just need to decide which one...

I think i like the clown and rubber-lip plecos best, they look good and they are very cheap. Just need to decide which one...

If you want to see your pleco often, a striped or spotted rubber lip would be good.

If you want a pleco that hides and doesn't do much, get a clown pleco. HOWEVER provided you have awesome water conditions, it will be the closest to a flash pleco you can get

Attachments

• image-1050964163.jpg
    image-1050964163.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1508644618.jpg
    image-1508644618.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 67
I don't care for clown plecos... I usually keep bristlenose but just got a rubber lip and I really like him.

If you want to see your pleco often, a striped or spotted rubber lip would be good.

If you want a pleco that hides and doesn't do much, get a clown pleco. HOWEVER provided you have awesome water conditions, it will be the closest to a flash pleco you can get

While at my LFS i saw a black spotted rubber lip for $10 so i bought him acclimated him and let him free into the tank. Here are some pictures, they do not do him justice...

image-571246301.jpg

image-2654199809.jpg

image-2595273686.jpg

image-1193981497.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, i will post some better pics when i have the chance.

I have a rhino pleco he is pretty cool and gets to a decent size around 10"

I was actually targeting this species mainly. Because they do not get as big. I want to get more plecos later on. Once my common pleco gets too big i will rehome it and get a clown pleco most likely, i really like the way they look.

Here's a cool video (not mine) http://youtu.be/OAmGX2K6SSk

Thats one big fish!!! Anyway, forgot to mention another reason why i got him. He was the "runt" of the tank. All of the other plecos in the tank were bigger and obviously got more food than him/her. So there he/she was, a small 2 1/4" fish that is not going to make it if it doesnt get more food and a better environment for it sitting in a tank where the smallest fish besides that one was 5". So i guess it was like a rescue, but now that i get him in the tank i see that he/she just looked skinny in the store with the bigger fish. He /she is still skinny, just not as much as it looked in the store.

Hey I have two an albino horned pleco and and albino bristle nose

Really there catfish and with the horned he has really neat horns coming out of the top and bottom of his head and small neat little rows down his sides.

And the bristle nose has them all over his nose.
And a plus is there both brightly coloured unlike a lot of plecos.

Attachments

• image-2038664240.jpg
    image-2038664240.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2967142380.jpg
    image-2967142380.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 48
Hey I have two an albino horned pleco and and albino bristle nose

Really there catfish and with the horned he has really neat horns coming out of the top and bottom of his head and small neat little rows down his sides.

And the bristle nose has them all over his nose.
And a plus is there both brightly coloured unlike a lot of plecos.
They look amazing

Back
Top Bottom