pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddiienno

Aquarium Advice Regular
I picked up a bushy nose pleco yesterday and I was wondering about some things. do I absolutely have to have live plants for them? I have fire mouths and I don't want to put plants in the tank because they'll uproot it. I have caves and what not which I know plecos like as well. also I don't see much algae in the tank and I really don't over feed the fish so I don't want him to be starving. I bought some algae wafers so do I just toss a wafer in the tank and he will eventually eat it?

Do you have drift wood, they need thay, algae wafers will be fine, maybe a shrimp pellet here and there..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't have drift wood but I can get some. does drift wood drive up the ph at all?

If anything it will drop it, unlikely with only a piece or two..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Toss in some canned green beans occasionally, the firemouths will probably munch on them too. Otherwise, I feed all my fish (including several tanks of BN pleco's) NLS cichlid or grow pellets as a staple diet, occasionally spirulina flake.

Back
Top Bottom