Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twi5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Four years ago my family and I decided it was time to upgrade our tank from a 25 tall to a 46 bowfront. And upon expecting some dead loss due to an unestablished tank we when and got 3 small plecos just encase any of our 3 old plecos didn't make it well we only loss one of the old plecos and another recently, and recently we adopted my brothers old pleco due to the fact that he couldn't keep him anymore. And this is where the problem lies his pleco only seems interested in flake food and is only mildly interested in wafers and won't touch any vegetable even zucchini which all our others really love. Now I feed him quite a bit of flake food twice a day but his belly area is shrinking in while everyone else are nice and round and a little chubby. Also he is the big boy of the tank being a leopard sail fin of about 16 inches, so my question is, is there any special food I should give him hes at least 10 years old if that helps also he and the others get along wonderfully they even all sleep together which is rather cute I must say.

Common Pleco ~ 5 Inch about
Spotted Common Pleco ~ 5 Inch about
Bristle Nose Pleco ~ 3 Inch about
Spotted Leopard Sail Fin Pleco ~ 10 Inch about
Leopard Sail Fin Pleco ~ 16 Inch about

Food given
Fair amount of goldfish flake food 2 daily
8 Wafers each time twice weekly
shrimp once weekly or quarter wedge of zucchini "I switch between the two ever other week"

Way to many plecos man... way to many. Need to get a 300 gallon tank or re home most of them

As stated by brookster that's to many plecos for that tank. Maybe think about rehoming the two larger ones or getting at least a 150g tank. You should also have wood for them to rasp on which helps general health. I'd keep with the wafers. He should eat eventually if not then I'd say he's probably sick.

Back
Top Bottom