pleco baggin not a good experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
well the saltwater shop near my house, who is just awesome, they have loaned me test kits, nets, UV sterilizers, etc. and they do this for everyone, there a great place, they gave me 4 big bags to catch the fish I was giving away and a huge net, well mr. pleco doesn't like bags, I tried baggin him a fe minutes ago to see if I could, he came out of the bag and by the grace of god luckily landed back in the tank, I gotta find a better way to get these fish to the pet shop lol

I just brought my pleco back to the LFS I work at. After you chase them around the tank for awhile, they'll easily be scooped out into a net.

After awhile of chasing, my pleco just sucked itself onto the glass and out he came. I'm sad to see him go, but its for the good of my tank, and my knife fish.

I don't net plecos. Use a container to catch him in. Corner him with a plastic container, I use a water container, and scoop him up.

I would do that, but considering the fact they are amuscular fish and they could come out of the tank and land on the floor, where it would die since I won't touch them, I'm just gonna have to spend the few bucks and buy a coolerfor fish transport wether I like it or not, I'm gonna be sad to see these guys go to, they've been with each other in the same tank for two years, there liek a little disfunctional aquatic family lol

To catch Plecoes just take an icecream containter and cut a hole in the lid, Put the container in a corner of your tank on it's side and remove all the decoration from the tank. With nowhere to hide he will go straight into the icecream container - Pull it out and change the lid - Done. Oh yeah, if possible use a dark coloured container the one I use is from Cadbury Icecream - It's dark purple. minimal stress for him, minimal swearing for me

SkullJug - I LOVE that tip ! So creative :)
Tropicfishman - I agree with you completely ! I don't know where I'd be without AA ... ok, I do know .... I'd be wondering why all my fish are dying LOL

Thanks for the feedback, I am blushing modestly as we speak..

You shouldn't use a net with Plecos - Their spines can get stuck in them.

My Pleco 'Clem' is my favourite fish - I try to look after him.

Wow Skulljug that tip is a stroke of genius. I am going to try that this weekend. Wow I still cant belive I did not think of that. I just use a net I made out of wetsuit material. Yours is much more cost effective. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom