pleco chronic pooping behaviour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahboy22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 3" common pleco which is constantly pooping all the time. It seem to be sucking onto a rock & poop a long string of feces. Once it thinks it's long enough or bout time, it will swim around ornaments like fake plants & decorate it like a christmas tree with it's poop. Is this behaviour normal or healthy. I feed it an algae wafer a day. Does all species of pleco in general poop this much? Seeking wisdom from pleco owners. 8O

pleco's are the biggest poopers in the world

its a great thing he is always pooping because it means he is constantly eating and is being fed well :D

you have a very happy pleco!!!

the first time i saw about a 6 inch long poop i freaked out and thought his intestines were coming out or something (silly i know) but i have come to realize that pleco's are notorious for their long poops.

I know, whenever I did my water changes with the syphon filter I use to have to put some food at other end of the tank so the plec would move from his cave so I could syphon his poo corner/cave out 8O . LOL

Back
Top Bottom