Pleco compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

originalnut

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i have a leapoard sailfin pleco and a spotted raphael catfish and i want to know if they would be compatible with a pair of breeding zebra plecos any help would be greatly appreciated

They could be aggressive depending on tank size. What size tank? Also your filtration would have to be very good. But the better question is how much did you pay for TWO ZEBRA PLECOS?!?

i havnt bought the plecos yet there £240 i have a 260litre tank with a fluval 305 canister

i have the sailfin and raphael already and i hoover the gravel daily aswell

Then maybe, if you can set it up so that your tank has desperate territories then they might get along.

ive done that anyway one side is bogwood and swimming space and the other side is planted

Cant speak for the salfin, but the Raphael will be fine make sure thou the new pleco's have their own caves as the Raphael will jostle to defend keep it's cave

i will be getting terracotta pots and pvc piping to go with them small enough so the raphael and saulfin cant think of using them as caves

Back
Top Bottom