Pleco driving me crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canary bird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so it's been 2 weeks since I changed from gravel to sand (great move too) but my Pleco (mick who I've had for 2 years) digs all the tank up and ends up moving everything every day ! I put everything back in the morning, and by 3pm he's dug it all back up and so it goes ! Every time I straighten things out he moves it .... Well today I've left the huge mountain of sand and I'm going to see if he puts it back lol...
Does anyone else have a stroppy fish ;) or is it feng shui :D

He just wants to be king of the mountain :D

My mbunas have dug all the way down to the glass in my tank in multiple places trying to make bigger caves.

Yeah he's dug down to the glass, theres nothI wouldn't mind he doesn't even like the mountain he likes it flat ... He's such a wally, in his cave just bare glass and a mountain in the middle of the tank, I don't bother putting it back in his cave anymore it's the first place he digs it out of ... Ah well at least he's not bored ;)

Lol... He's a sailfin ...

Wow, my sailfins have never burrowed! I have one that sleeps in a stone cave and the other sleeps under driftwood. Mind you, there's not much free space for digging- it might be 6ft, but there is a lot of planted driftwood, hollow logs and rocks. The free areas are already occupied by cories :lol:
I'm going to put sand in the other sailfin's tank and see if he will burrow. The amount of time, energy and money I spend on him, the least he can do is entertain me, dang it!! :ROFLMAO:

Wow, my sailfins have never burrowed! I have one that sleeps in a stone cave and the other sleeps under driftwood. Mind you, there's not much free space for digging- it might be 6ft, but there is a lot of planted driftwood, hollow logs and rocks. The free areas are already occupied by cories :lol:
I'm going to put sand in the other sailfin's tank and see if he will burrow. The amount of time, energy and money I spend on him, the least he can do is entertain me, dang it!! :ROFLMAO:

Ha ha ha...

He sleeps in a stone cave too, but he's a sod with the digging,,

This is mick, I was told by his previous bad owners he was a sailfin so don't shoot me if I'm wrong ;) I've had him nearly 2 years he was 15cm when I adopted him, now he's 30cm and oh so spoit, his previous home had him in a 15litre hex with no filter and the light on 24/7 and no hiding places , now he has a huge stone cave and later this year a new tank specifically built just for him , he's coping in a 200 litre at the moment, but we need to give him and the other fish more room, I make sure i do 2or 3 pwc a week and have just bought a Rena xp3 and I'm using that alongside the hob ,

image-533439218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom