Pleco feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Archangel22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two small bristlenose plecos in my 55g tank along with a shubunkin goldie and 2 yellow bellied sliders. I love watching my plecos zip around but I just want a bit more advice on feeding. I blanch zucchini for them and they don't respond too much if at all to it. Is there anything else that I could feed them? I know cucumber is another similar food but it's less nutritious from what I hear and the seeds can clog the filter. I've also hear apple slices a few times and that makes me curious. How would you prepare those and is it a healthy choice for them?

My BN love zucchini and cucumber.....i've tried lettuce and spinach too they liked that moderately....and they love their algae wafers. I would add a little bit of driftwood for them to rasp on too if you do not already have any.....the fibrous wood is good for their digestion. and they really seem to enjoy it.....
and i guess another thing are you giving them the zuc at night with lights out or during the day? i put mine in a little before lights out and by the next morning they devoured it in the night!

Back
Top Bottom