Pleco fry pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrianNY

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's pretty hard to take pics of such tiny fish but thought I'd give it a try. These little guys are dwarf albino bristle noses. I counted 22 of them so far. Just under 1/2 long :D

so cute... what size tank are they in?? because im thinking about getting some bristlenose for a tank my sis might get from her manager

*LOL* Christmasfish. I don't remember if it was you, but I did promise some of these to someone on this board if the spawn was successful.

Come on, speak up. If they all survive I can't possibly care for that many.

Congratulations, Brian! I remember when you got them and there were a few skeptics out there who doubted you could spawn them, so this is sweet!

I have 3 already but an albino would be nice - probably by the time I get moved and set back up the babies will be grown out enough to ship, so I will let you know.

BrianNY said:
*LOL* Christmasfish. I don't remember if it was you, but I did promise some of these to someone on this board if the spawn was successful.

Come on, speak up. If they all survive I can't possibly care for that many.

Brian, I'd love to take one off your hands.
I've got a healthy smorgasbord of algae covering the back of my 58 gal. :D
Bristlenoses are peaceful and wouldn't pester the corys, right?

The bristlenoses are extremely peaceful and will do fine with cories. Mine all hang out with the cory cats in a cave during the day.

Haha! I'm meeting Brian this wknd! But if he's willing to give me a baby bristlenose, I better think up something to give him in return. Did I mention that he and Allison (Allivymar) are wonderfully generous ppl! :oops:

That's so true TG. If they were anymore peaceful they'd have to be dead *LOL. And, they don't eat plants :D . These are being fed on zuchini, broccoli, and veggie wafers.

QTOFFER. The April GCAS meeting may be a bit early. Hopefully I'll bring one each to the May meeting for you, alli, and madasafish. :D

TG. Am sending you a PM

Oh Brian! How frikkin cool are those pics?! Having most of the tank in the pic makes their weeness so apparent; what cute lil buggers. Remind me to bring my camera this weekend; we'll get some closeups. Erm, of the plecs of course LOL

And thanx Jon :) You're pretty generous yourself; the plants you gave me are doing phenominal! The Mayaca has just about hit the top of the tank, and the Shinnersia is not far behind (oh, and now that I treated the tank with the Mayacyn for the cyano? The shinnersia has NO dark green on it at all; in fact the newest leaves are coming out reddish!).

Back
Top Bottom