Pleco ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PassengerTN

Aquarium Advice Addict
Stopped by my LFS and picked this Pleco up that I believe was mislabeled. They called it a common, but it doesn't look like a common Pleco to me. Someone had suggested female BN. What do you guys think? Around 3.5-4" long

Jesse

Attachments

• 1449898196719.jpg
    1449898196719.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 69
It does look like a bristlenose to me as both of mine resemble it. More then likely a female if so as no bristles above the upper lip. I would keep an eye on it and if it grows over 6 inches it's not a bristlenose

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It does look very similar to my juvie bn male, minus the bristles of course. What'd you pay for her? Mine was only $3!

Wow! That would be a great price for a bn, if thats what you have. My spinach trick isn't working...he knows I'm here and refuses to ppse for pics... I don't know why he's so shy; there's almost always someone staring at this tank!

But yours is shaped very similar to mine and has scales shaped just like him too. The color of mine is very different, but I'm sure they come with multiple color variations. I'll keep trying to get a pic of my Mr. Clean for you though...

I have a pair that spawn and they look so similar but mine hide a lot. I honestly thought I lost one before mysteriously. I wish I paid that price for mine. Where I am I paid 10 a piece.

They're $8 locally for 1.5" juveniles. It's hid all day since the tank light came on, but if the light is off, or on very low, it's out cruising.

Jesse

Okay, so this is what he gave me...my phone cam sucks so you can't really see his scales, but they're just like yours. Mine is also only 3" so he's a bit smaller yet.

20151212_211455-2.jpg

20151212_214657-2.jpg

I'm 100 percent sure it's a bristlenose now. I saw my pair today and they look identical to passengers

Back
Top Bottom