Pleco is chasing my Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK so recently my pleco has been trying to suck on the sides of my goldfish from time to time. What should I do?

1. is your goldfish healthy? those suckers will suck onto any fish if the fish is sick to begin with.

2. how old is your pleco? how long is it? as pleco ages, it becomes more aggressive and its diet becomes more meaty. that's also another reason why your pleco might be attacking your gold fish

OK thanks for the responses.

To your questions:
1. The goldfish are healthy. One has a floating problem but they are not sick with ich or anything like that.

2.I got him when he was a baby, but hes a good six inches or so.

I'll take him out soon. Any suggestions on a fish that is like my pleco but still not gonna go for my goldfish?

well, you know that goldfish and pleco are two worlds apart right? it's not recommended to put two fish of different requirements together. with that been said, you can go for smaller plecos such as clown pleco, rubber lip pleco

Make sure to feed any sucker fish you get. Plecos engage in this behavior because they are hungry.

OK so I took out Pebbles and put him in my mom's tank(a 60 gallon). He should be happy there. Sadly I can't see him swim around at night anymore.

Go for a rubber pleco, they like water in the cooler range, so would be more comfortable with Goldie's than any other plec.

Back
Top Bottom