Pleco keeps picking my snail up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all I recently got a snail and last night and when I got home from
Work... I see my pleco like clean the snail shell, but then he picks it up and swims it over to the driftwood drops it and goes under the driftwood, why does he keep doing that lol. Is he trying to hurt it... He always puts the snail in the same exact spot. He doesn't thrash at it.

What type of pleco? And I'm assuming it's a mystery snail. Sounds like the pleco is playing with the snail. On the surface, your snail may not seem injured but it might be stressing it out. Does the snail act normal afterwards, is it eating?

Hey all I recently got a snail and last night and when I got home from
Work... I see my pleco like clean the snail shell, but then he picks it up and swims it over to the driftwood drops it and goes under the driftwood, why does he keep doing that lol. Is he trying to hurt it... He always puts the snail in the same exact spot. He doesn't thrash at it.

:ROFLMAO:
How could you not love plecos??!!
You need the pleco whisperer..... :lol:

The pleco is a common pleco and the snail is an apple snail or something. The snail never shrivels up and I noticed the snail actually climes onto my pleco some times... My pleco never moved or freaks out. Also I noticed when he gets picked up he never goes into his shell his tentacles sway as he's being used... Here's a pix right b4 he got picked up lol.

Attachments

• image-1430625525.jpg
    image-1430625525.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 86
The pleco is a common pleco and the snail is an apple snail or something. The snail never shrivels up and I noticed the snail actually climes onto my pleco some times... My pleco never moved or freaks out. Also I noticed when he gets picked up he never goes into his shell his tentacles sway as he's being used... Here's a pix right b4 he got picked up lol.

Awww that's sweet!! Pleco has himself a pet!!

Lol when I first saw it I was like what is he doing. Then the more I see it the funnier it gets lol... And yes he now has a pet lol!!

Lol I know I wanna know what's going through his mind lol... And yes I keep checking on everyone... He's never touched any of my other fish b4

My pleco would eat my baby mystery snails everyone in a while...but she died yesterday while I was out of the country:(

Back
Top Bottom