Pleco lovers help! I need an ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if these guys are L204 (thats what i believe)

My lfs says L340

And I think the L134 looks similar too... i believe.....
mighta been L169 i was looking at

Anyways if anyone has an idea, please share thoughts :)

Thanks guys

Attachments

• CAM00719.jpg
    CAM00719.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 85
  • CAM00718.jpg
    CAM00718.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 87
  • CAM00717.jpg
    CAM00717.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 94
I got 6 of them :p
Lfs usually only gets a few of each rare plecos... but this was a rare occasion indeed, so i scooped them all up... im going to turn my 75 into a species only tank for these beauties.
I have so much driftwood. Finally got an excuse to use all my pieces :D

The pleco does have the lyre tail...

Thanks for the replies guys :)

L204 for sure nice find! these guys are lucky to have a tank for themselves. If you haven't been there check out planetcatfish.com they have great info on plecos.

L204 for sure nice find! these guys are lucky to have a tank for themselves. If you haven't been there check out planetcatfish.com they have great info on plecos.

I agree

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sweet :D

Have checked out that site :)
Done quite a bit of reading.
Theyre my new babies

Just wondering, should i go fine gravel or sand for their substrate?

I will be adding a small powerhead forgot to mention
....if that makes any difference

If you have 6 of the buggers you'd better have excellent filtration. They eat wood and poop sawdust, makes a heck of a mess. Sand is much easier to keep clean than gravel. Unlike most pleco's, 204's actually prefer hard/alkaline water rather than soft/acidic or neutral.

I have 2 AC 110's on the 75 now, would be open to adding a third and also a small powerhead to get good flow throughout... would that be okay?

I'd say the 110 ' s will suffice, maybe a small powerhead at each end blowing across the substrate, this should keep crap from settling. Position the in such a way that one end will blow crap to the other sides filter intake. There's going to be an astonishing amount of poop in that tank haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom