Pleco's and Blue Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am creating a Planted tank and would love to get a Marbled Sailfin Pleco however I am building my tank around my german blue rams and want them to breed, will the Pleco be a problem for that? will it eat the eggs? basicly if the pleco is going to cause problems I dont want it but am just wondering the compadability.

Gbrs protect their eggs and fry, he might be a small problem but not too much. Just make sure the pleco has his spot and the gbrs have theirs :) I had a common pleco over a foot long in the same tank as my 2 gbrs, they didn't care at all.

P.S. the pleco may eat the eggs given the chance but the blue rams will attack him so he shouldn't get near them.

well im worried that he wont have a good place to hide or anything so for now i may have to not get one, maybe in the future. I would really love to have one but feel that for my 75gallon build he wouldnt be well suited, the link in my sig. explains everything about my tank so take a look maybe one would do fine but i feel that its not well suited.

Back
Top Bottom