POLL: what is the Best Looking 'Schooling Fish' ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
which fishes look the best when schooling??

i say Cories.
I was at a LFS and there was a 20gallon tank full of cories (maybe hundreds).

they looked AMAZING!!
they were mixed species: albinos, peppered, julie
All in 1 tank !!

:lol: :lol:

I'm a little partial to the serpae tetras:

school.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words...:)

Congo tetras. Just streaks of blue and red and mine are always schooling together. They usually only take up 1/3 of the 55g except when the males are displaying and racing.
img_459323_0_87b42efb92262b2f5eb4c2f708e8394b.jpg

Imagine 8 of those guys swimming through the plants or darting back and forth at the front of the tank.

I do also really like my threadfin rainbows.

Rummy nose tetras
Cardinal tetras
I'll also second the threadfin rainbows, my LFS has some and they are so pretty! :D

I like serpae tetra schools and swartz cory schools..

but, Ive seen hundreds of hatchets school and it looks AMAZING

Also, schooling discus are very pretty.

I think all fish look good schooling, ha!

what about chiclids? ive never had a chichlid tank, but i plan on setting one up, dwarf african chiclids, at the fish store, you put your hand up to the glass and they all swarm to that side, really awesome, friendly fish.

i think all tetra's are pretty good schooling fish. Im partial to the serpae tetra's, and i think corys are adorable.

I think you can really appreciate a shoal when you reach large numbers of fish.....such as putting 100 neons in a large tank. Throw in a minor threat and they'll stick together like glue. I've seen this before and it really looks incredible.

Back
Top Bottom