Pool Filter Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought white play sand from a home improvement store like Home Depot

I've gone to all the Home Depots and Lowess in my area and that's all I can find- play sand. I'm looking for pool filter sand: it's a courser grain size and will do me better in my dirted tank.

I just got a bag from my Lfs. Where do you live ?this may sound redundant but do you have and pool/pond supply stores around?

The wonderful NE Ohio. There doesn't seem to be many fish stores around here.

The other part of using pool filter sand is that it's about $7 for 50lbs compared to $25 for 20 pounds of something at let's say a petsmart.

The wonderful NE Ohio. There doesn't seem to be many fish stores around here. The other part of using pool filter sand is that it's about $7 for 50lbs compared to $25 for 20 pounds of something at let's say a petsmart.
I chose it because it's a bit coarser and won't pack down like play sand. You need to google, garden supply, farm supply, pool supply stores. It's also called grade 2 quartz filter sand.

I got my pool filter sand at Leslie's pool store. All over maryland. Not sure if they are in ohio. Have used both pool filter and play sand. And pool filter sand looks better. Easier to clean and just all around better then play sand

There's a Leslie's about 45 minutes from me. If that's where there's pool filter sand then by gosh that's where I'll be going!

Was like 10$ for. 50lbs. So easy to initially clean and work with. Fish pool stays on top so super easy to vacuum

Back
Top Bottom