*(poop)* (dont know what else to call it)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin83

Aquarium Advice Activist
is it normal for my fish to be swimming around with feces hanging still it is the same color as the tropical fish flakes i am feeding to them but it hangs from them for some time and then falls off..
10 Gal ( 0 ammo 0 nitrites (high) 20s Nitrates
Wardley tropical fish flakes
water temp 78.F

Thanks
~Justin~

What type of fish is it? I have never seen it colored like flakes before... usually it is grayish in color or brown.

its both my pineapple platy and my swordtail... and its a grey/ brown color .. my mistake saying its the color of the flakes.. never really looked at the flakes to see exactly what color they are lol.. but it is normal for them to swim around with there poop "flappin in the breeze" so to speak..

That is perfectly normal. As long as it is not white and stringy then you are fine.

Well they don't go in the toilet lol! They just let it come out as it does. The pleco in my last tank had poop hanging from him more often than not. It seemed like he would try and make the longest strand possible lol!

In the past when feeding 'normal' fish food it's always looked like that.

I've noticed that since I started feeding NLS though, that all of my fish (cichlids, catfish, labyrinth fish) all produce dense 'nuggets' rather than strings, which are really easy to see (they're orange like the food) and don't break down very fast. Very easy to remove with a turkey baster type contraption.

LOL I definitely needed to read a thread like this after the day I've had... thank you!!

And yes, like the others have stated, it's quite normal. My Swordtail can drop a deuce like no other and has quite a time pinching it loose, (eh, so to speak)! lol

McLumpy said:
LOL I definitely needed to read a thread like this after the day I've had... thank you!!

And yes, like the others have stated, it's quite normal. My Swordtail can drop a deuce like no other and has quite a time pinching it loose, (eh, so to speak)! lol

HAHA! Drop a deuce, glad to see your humor is still in tact :D. The worst part is when one fish let's it go and another tests it for its palatablity lol.

Mr. Limpet said:
HAHA! Drop a deuce, glad to see your humor is still in tact :D. The worst part is when one fish let's it go and another tests it for its palatablity lol.

Lol
They think is a bloodworm!!

I have a couple of full grown Jack Dempseys.

It looks like a string of old fashioned frankfurter hot dogs.

Wow u guys are cracking me up. My pleco pooped on a plant so much it looked like a weeping willow. I think it would be unhealthy if u didn't see them that way lol

I went to test my water the other day and i dipped my small test bottle in to get some water and someway, somehow a fish had managed to lay some cable near the top of the water and i scooped it up, i noticed it as i was pouring water into my 5ml test tubes. Very sneaky.

Justin83 said:
is it normal for my fish to be swimming around with feces hanging still it is the same color as the tropical fish flakes i am feeding to them but it hangs from them for some time and then falls off..
10 Gal ( 0 ammo 0 nitrites (high) 20s Nitrates
Wardley tropical fish flakes
water temp 78.F

Thanks
~Justin~

Should be fine. As long as it's not white and stringy.

Ah, one of my molly's was white but don't think I was particularly stringy... That was a couple of weeks ago and it's normal now...

Back
Top Bottom