Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He called them dwarf electric blue rams... I dont think there is such a thing. I may be wrong. I have seen balloon rams labeled this way before though.

Bren- yes, pretty much. Theyre not natural. And incur alot of health issues... But not always.

Sini- look at the width vs length. And the angle of face and head towards the rays. Obviously just my opinion, but Those are what i was judging.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He called them dwarf electric blue rams... I dont think there is such a thing. I may be wrong. I have seen balloon rams labeled this way before though.

Bren- yes, pretty much. Theyre not natural. And incur alot of health issues... But not always.

Sini- look at the width vs length. And the angle of face and head towards the rays. Obviously just my opinion, but Those are what i was judging.

Well if they are balloon that's bad. I see what you're saying but the camera angle is inconclusive IMO. We'll find out soon enough.

The one thing AA is not a good place for is people who like hybrids and "unnatural" fish :lol:

Look to be balloon blues to me...my lfs has these,po lil fellas don't have much of a chance...
Anyhow,Ryno how is the ebr pair fairing ?

sit in silence...

How long before the discus eggs hatch from when they are first spawned on the slate? Does temp make a difference with these as it does with say corys for instance?

Brenna

Hey poppa, what size is your hillstream tank again? I found something cool and insanely rare you could add if you've got space.

Their balloon rams i believe.

I believe too, that's what they called them, but I saw a pair in a planted tank with young Angles , man they had some nice color's, but their Asian bred for sure, lets see how they do?

Clem

How long before the discus eggs hatch from when they are first spawned on the slate? Does temp make a difference with these as it does with say corys for instance?

Brenna

36 to 48hrs.

33L & 40L. I have 2 hill tanks

Ah ok well here's something to check out then. I wouldn't put these in less than a 4 foot tank, they get 6 inches

LOACH_BOTIA_GOLDEN_ZEBRA_REGULAR.jpg

LOACH BOTIA GOLDEN ZEBRA REGULAR - Loach - Scavengers - Freshwater

Bluegrass aquatics is selling them as botia histrionica but they're actually (I think) parabotia fasciata. INSANELY rare. Like, they're only imported as mistaken for other rare loaches. I don't have a place for them but they'd be really happy in a hillstream tank...

Granted... What they have pictured may not be what they're selling, but it sure is odd that that's not even close to a botia histrionica.

We need more pics, Clem.... More pics. Lol. We gots us a curiosity to fill.

Hope these pics are OK , I had to do the bloodworm trick and then they all came a running [emoji38] . lol

Clem

uploadfromtaptalk1452557544788.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452557651211.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452557745290.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452557762470.jpg

NICE!(y)
I thought they looked 'balloon' also but now think you scored!
They look to be very healthy , colorful, and possibly "normal" EBR!!!:dance:
Yes , its because I read your threads dudes.!!!
I know that the dwarf name didn't click for me , I just thought they were just young EBRs to begin with??? But I'm not finding the qualities you guys have going up here, its a crap shoot for me that's for GBRs , so these caught my eye... : blink: and now I leave it to the experts..[emoji38] so I think I'm going to sink a clay pot, the male I believe is a bit shy , they just got put after I acclimated them. And I was just killing time waiting for my physio appointment.

Thanks . CB.

Clem

Sorry for the bad pics, they seem to be playing peek a boo with me and the camera. Can't wait for them to color up more, looks like they like each other!!![emoji38]

Vkem

Ah ok well here's something to check out then. I wouldn't put these in less than a 4 foot tank, they get 6 inches

LOACH_BOTIA_GOLDEN_ZEBRA_REGULAR.jpg

LOACH BOTIA GOLDEN ZEBRA REGULAR - Loach - Scavengers - Freshwater

Bluegrass aquatics is selling them as botia histrionica but they're actually (I think) parabotia fasciata. INSANELY rare. Like, they're only imported as mistaken for other rare loaches. I don't have a place for them but they'd be really happy in a hillstream tank...

How much? ;)
Only kidding.

Thanks you, hey don't rush your tank, you have a big list of fish , Discus too.. Maybe too much at once for a new tank set up??? Take your time !!! Get it right for that build tong man, but I'm for ambition!!!

Clem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom