Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem......
No team in baseball threw as many pitches clocked at 95 mph or higher as the New York Mets, according to Baseball Savant.

No team in baseball had a higher batting average (.284) and lower strikeout percentage (13.0 percent) against 95 mph-and-above heat than the Kansas City Royals.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really think this is gonna be an interesting series. But were hungry. And these dogs smelled meat last year. The fire burns.

I guess it's just me rooting for the Mets

I can't say I have high expectations; as a diehard Mets fan I have been broken into expecting the worst for them :lol:

If nothing else the angelfish will be here in a few days to distract me from the Mets losing horribly!

Cant wait to see them in your tank. I'm still browsing for new discus. Just not seeing the quality out there. Back to the breeding board it is then. Gotta get these young pairs to stop eating wigglers... Arghhhb

Yes, Clem... you are very correct. I was told to let him go. This one wasn't my call. It came from the big heads that be in other states. I tried to save him, but he just wouldn't listen.hows your angels, my friend?

Hummm, those Angels keep a fighten dude, thank god there's 4ft of tank!!! But the competition helps them to spawn, I like this technique it can initiate spawning like in the wild???
I will eventually breed them out, and give it a go. Mr. Andy has provided a wealth of knowledge for us to follow, those looking to spawn out Angels and other fish. [emoji39]
I like your Pinoy Angels, as I will try other types as I go along, I like the cichlids, but Angels are good breeders, and very hardy fish. I would like to get some wild fish rite out of the Amazon river dude!!!
My uncle, whom passed away a long time ago, my mom's brother , used to trade with the native river people, illegally of course in Venezuela. He would take a small boat and trade for exotic parrots, monkeys, birds, and fish. All were babies, and he keep them , sold them, but he had land in my native Trinidad were some of the fish ponds my mom used to tell me were full of all kinds of fish. I wondered if some of them were Discus or Angels???[emoji50]

Clem.

Cant wait to see them in your tank. I'm still browsing for new discus. Just not seeing the quality out there. Back to the breeding board it is then. Gotta get these young pairs to stop eating wigglers... Arghhhb

Someday I'll do discus... but I just can't afford them right now. And MissGurnus sold me on the fact that if we got those angelfish I could put a dozen zebra loaches in with them :lol: I can't wait to see some spawns from your discus! I think if I do ever do discus my first choice would be to get them from you anyway.

diy sponge filter for HOB filter

I thought it to be a good idea to put a walmart brand of scotch brite pads in my filter with diy carbon bags. i wasnt sure if there were chemicals in them but didnt seem like it. so i rinsed really good and then boiled in water for about 20 min. and then soaked in cold water for about 15min. did this about 2 days ago. fish seem to be fine thus far. do you think that the sponges are safe?

I thought it to be a good idea to put a walmart brand of scotch brite pads in my filter with diy carbon bags. i wasnt sure if there were chemicals in them but didnt seem like it. so i rinsed really good and then boiled in water for about 20 min. and then soaked in cold water for about 15min. did this about 2 days ago. fish seem to be fine thus far. do you think that the sponges are safe?

Wouldn't use any sponges or dish pads, they can contain mildew/mold inhibitors which can/will kill bb. Pot scrubbers are ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wouldn't use any sponges or dish pads, they can contain mildew/mold inhibitors which can/will kill bb. Pot scrubbers are ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I concur, brooks. But check in and let me know how that works out papi. You took proper precautions but, im borderline OCD and would over analyze what could go wrong. Im curious how it works for you.

diy sponge filter for HOB filter

do you think that i should remove them immediately. or do you think that i should just keep an eye on things and see what happens.

Keep an eye. And test your water frequently. If anythings a foot then remove.

13 hr days could make raising spawns rather challenging for a few weeks.

And so I create the auto feeder or try to get by on 2 feedings a day.
I can't match a breeding light cycle to my time with tank so it is feed in am ,and as soon as home in eve before lights out.
I bet you get by...
I think my first artificial hatch fry are ready to be moved to bigger tank!
I see some markings,and size difference!
These fry certainly have help up well with my schedule..
It makes me want to overfeed and aver water change when I am home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom