Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just viewing the Jack Watley site feels dangerous to me!

How so. I was lookin at that last night. Im really thinking im just gonna go with my go to supplier. Shhhh.... Its a secret, ? Lol.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im not sure what trait is giving them this "high body, high fin". Im doing some scouring for that exact info right now. I started seeing these in limited numbers once in a great while, a few yrs back. Now that I'm looking for new stock im seeing them alot more. Not sure my thoughts on them yet. They seem.... ODD!

Royals 3-1 Mets
We need 1 more game. Not over yet and I'm sure not expecting The Mets to go quietly.

I saw on YouTube a Discus keeper actually cutting off the top fin to shape it in more round shape, he used a very sharp scissors for this, as he was holding a Discus in on hand while cutting with another.
It was pretty freaky when he done so, as for this fish that was in his hand it did not even flinch or move!
He showed the same fish after a week and it heeled up great. That's the only time I had seen this and it was for correcting the shape to a rounder shape. I guess high fin is a growth pattern or natural looking to the Discus, it make me wonder, is a rounder shape natural, or is the high fin???
I never thought we'd be grooming Dem Discus too !!!![emoji50]

Clem.

Ive never heard of trimming a discus fin for proper shape.... Whoa. That sounds like someones trying to cheat a sale, cheat a competition, or god knows what. Maybe im way off here but no no no.

Grrrr.... I went upstairs to do the morning nom nom's. I check in on the ebr/gbr babies and theyre all dead. My heater went bonkers last night and the water was 94. Ugh.... Oh well. Im pretty sure the ebr/gbr pair will be at it again soon.

The GBR juvies are doing great. These lil dudes are looking good. They are from a bandit male and a poppa female. So were gonna see the first result of the cross. She was one off my original colony. She passed a few weeks back. So these juvies are important as theyare the only blood from her line left. And the only blood thats a bandit/poppa mix.

Gonna try and clear out a 10gl for the EBR pair. I need to get this line producing better. They're stunning lil buggers.

Ive never heard of trimming a discus fin for proper shape.... Whoa. That sounds like someones trying to cheat a sale, cheat a competition, or god knows what. Maybe im way off here but no no no.

Yea BRO, it looks fishy to me!!
I wish I could link that video but I will try to look it up for us to check out!!!
It was the most unnatural thing I've seen done to a fish , this is what I thought how a Discus got its round shape??? But I thought the same as you, it was a cheaten thing too[emoji15]

Clem.

I was tortured by my discus a couple years back very similar to how yours are treating you(well their fry).
My journal had over 30 spawnings with 0 results.:popcorn:
I had other people banging their heads with so many pictures of the action!:banghead:

Lucky I don't have the room now in either of my fish rooms.............:rolleyes:
I got a few too many marine tanks I think....:whistle:

Super phsyched on the poppa bandit cross!(y)
We will hopefully switch pairs (from our fry) in the spring!:dance:

With the EBR/GBR ebr is male?..

GBR juvies. Bandits male/poppas female. 37 days old. Goin strong

(y)Nice !!!!(y)

I had to check(read my thread) to know how old my oldest are...
I am 1 week behind you with my oldest being from the 4of October.
However many there are I believe they are yellow and your Jays!

I wish I knew (I am spaced) before I added the Jay fry this am that is half their age:eek:

Hope fully this will work out.
ALL fry seem to enjoy a lite bio slime(decomposing food) on part of tank bottom to continuously munch on....

Its ram season so the EBR/GBR should breed any time.

I was tortured by my discus a couple years back very similar to how yours are treating you(well their fry).
My journal had over 30 spawnings with 0 results.:popcorn:
I had other people banging their heads with so many pictures of the action!:banghead:

Lucky I don't have the room now in either of my fish rooms.............:rolleyes:
I got a few too many marine tanks I think....:whistle:

Super phsyched on the poppa bandit cross!(y)
We will hopefully switch pairs (from our fry) in the spring!:dance:

With the EBR/GBR ebr is male?..

Always down for switchin fry, B. I'm pretty excited to see them fill out. The EBR/GBR pair is EBR - Male, GBR - Female.

This guy needs a lady... Im gonna put a female in with him today. He's been healing from a territorial spat w/ another male.

This guy needs a lady... Im gonna put a female in with him today. He's been healing from a territorial spat w/ another male.

That star grass bush is coming in rather nicely. Thats the bush of it I've been telling you about TT. Gettin biiig

I'm a little late to this party, but something of the wild persuasion might be nice.

Im struggling to find a good connection (other than my go to breeders) on any discus. Wattley, KG, etc etc etc all have the same ol stuff. Know any good discus guys. Ive been in my own bubble with them for so long, lol. Mike at Ohio Discus has moved away from them and gone to stingrays ( my hero, haha). He was amazing with his stock.

Kansas City is on a roll right now. Pagano fired yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom