Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psssst..... I just discovered a batch of discus wigglers. A young Pair of turquoise... Pics are uploading.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Still wiggling. Parents are guarding the gates. They did this in the big girl discus/ram community tank. Laid on the glass by the heater. These 2 young turquoise are amazing parents... Strange enough i didnt lose 1 egg. That i can tell anyways. Temp 86, ph 6.0, tds 158, 0 trites, 0 ammo. Come on youngins raise this batch for Poppa!

Still going strong. I can see lil bodies now... Shes a fiesty mommy.... Dang, dont mess with her. Im very surprised they laid eggs in this tank. Even more surprised by not losing 1 egg to fungus/predation. If they raise this group in this tank.... Ill be a sumagun. Ive never witnessed this level of parenting. I mean... There is 30WC otos, gold nugget plec, amano and bamboo shrimp, 10 Rams, and 6 other adult discus. Water must be goooood right now.

Still going strong. I can see lil bodies now... Shes a fiesty mommy.... Dang, dont mess with her. Im very surprised they laid eggs in this tank. Even more surprised by not losing 1 egg to fungus/predation. If they raise this group in this tank.... Ill be a sumagun. Ive never witnessed this level of parenting. I mean... There is 30WC otos, gold nugget plec, amano and bamboo shrimp, 10 Rams, and 6 other adult discus. Water must be goooood right now.

You're a discus god, I'm not even surprised. In fact I'm more surprised you don't have this happen more often ;) Here's hoping you get a good rear out of them. (y)

Rocking the discus!!!:dance::dance::dance:

I know how important these fish are to all breeders I wish you the best on them!(y)
They better not mess with dem EBR though:nono:

I suggest you take a full reading of the water so that you know exactly what you have so you can duplicate it in other tanks in the future. :whistle:(y)

Question for you plant heads.... Blyxa Japonica, does it get red/pink/purple naturally or as a sign of nutrient deficiency? Theyre healthy, bushy, & green... Just got the other colors as well in the inner leaves. Seeing some whiteish ones too.

I wanna say red/pink is natural. Not sure about the purple/white tho. I'd ask brookster, he is the blyxa jap jedi

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pretty sure they'll hit pink under high light. Kind of plant sunscreen. Any pics? The white could be melt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ill get ya some pics when home... The leaves arent completely white. Just start white got to pinkish white to purpley on the new leaves.. Then they go vibrant green. Just wanted to know if this is normal as im not seeing it in anyone elses blyxa jap.

Mine get pink in the middle and turn to green as they're growing, the leaves feel the same as the "normal" ones so probably just some type of response to the lighting. Although it has been happening with less frequency so maybe they've adjusted?

I've seen this in blyxa japonica after it has become well acclimated...most new growth shows that coloration.

sit in silence...

Ok. Thanks guys... Well the turq discus pair has moved the wigglers... I thought they ate them, but they are heavily guarding an area of plants still??? Its heavily planted in there so i cant seem to find them. Hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom