Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a guy to do?...exactly what my Dad did, pack your bags and COME ON DOWN!!!!!!:D:lol: (y)

Moving tanks down the street was bad enough...hahah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Moving tanks fows.the street was bad enough...hahah

All I can say is that I packed fish and tanks in the trunks of the cars and brought them with me when we moved ( we drove from NJ to Miami. ) That was with no oxygen or breather bags or the like so it CAN be done if you want it bad enough. ;) (y)

Oh i want it.... just a lot of thinking first. Biggest concern is definately whether or not my son is on board. He's my world. Mom disappeared so she has no say. But his thoughts are important to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh i want it.... just a lot of thinking first. Biggest concern is definately whether or not my son is on board. He's my world. Mom disappeared so she has no say. But his thoughts are important to me.

Kids do like Disney world man... does he like fishing?

Lots of time left on my ticker.... nuff talk of moving, lol. Going to be doing some fish moving today. Gonna add the EBRs to the 40L... move some discus that are ready to breed up to the 40b they're vacating. Move the pinoy blue pair to the 40t that the Discus are vacating. Going to move the gold ring hillstream loaches to a cooler water, faster current tank. And possibly setup a 20L dirted tank for propagating some plants ill inevitably buy @ our auction in Nov. And ill sprinkle a cpl hundred gallons of WCs in there as well.

Unbelievable!!! [emoji39]

I had to comment on your work man , stellar !!!

Clem.

I get the feeling Clem can't stop looking at your discus!:whistle::eek:
They are magnificent without doubt!
I know personally of only one equal discus keeper.
Very nice fish sir.:cool:

Lots of time left on my ticker.... nuff talk of moving, lol. Going to be doing some fish moving today. And ill sprinkle a cpl hundred gallons of WCs in there as well.

Maybe a hundred gallons or so here to sir!
I kind of like to think time is on my side also(at 50 :facepalm:),but I have almost half my family in Fla. already anyways!

I love NY but with winter looming and me working outdoors I have heard enough about how nice it is also!:thanks:

In mid state NY some of my favorite winter activities are fish room related baby!!!
A few species from South America and a little 'smoke/mirrors' and I'm farther South then Fla!
1,000 g at 80+ and plenty of light is as tropical as it gets for Tom for now!:eek:

Yea, man ! Them Discus, I thought , as I zoomed in 6-10 times... Man l lost count !!! [emoji50] are those for real ?

Poppa, you are a the Discus Man !!!
It's great when you can display your achievement, your style, who you are , and most of all being a mentor for others. [emoji622]

Yes, C,B.
I did stare at them, [emoji6] ha, ha ha. You did get that rite man. !!!
: thumb:

Clem

Oh yeah he loves fishing.

Well then, I should tell you that I am less than an hour's drive from Mickey's front door and/ or Busch garden's front gates, a mile and 1/2 from 2 Bass lakes ( as well as other fish) that also lead into the Kissimmee River and assorted lakes, a 25 minute ride from about 28 lakes ( Chain of lakes in Winter Haven) and one of my other businesses is making fishing lures. :whistle: I'd almost bet that if you told your son that, he'd be waiting for you to get into the car already!!! :brows::D:lol: Just sayin' ;) ( And I'll quit there but there is more here as well. :whistle: )(y)

Thanks guys. There are a few more discus tanks throughout the house. Discus are, by far, one of my favorites.

So i found out that the auction caps how much you can bring. 40 bags per seller. Buuuut, you can sell pairs in 2 bags, Groups of 6 Juvi peacocks, etc... as 1 bag. So that's good.

Thanks guys. There are a few more discus tanks throughout the house. Discus are, by far, one of my favorites.

So i found out that the auction caps how much you can bring. 40 bags per seller. Buuuut, you can sell pairs in 2 bags, Groups of 6 Juvi peacocks, etc... as 1 bag. So that's good.

So........ just how man discus are we floating in poppa's abode?? I've heard of crazy cat ladys... do we have a new category in the works:p

31 discus, sir. Between 6 tanks. 3 pairs are currently & actively laying eggs. These 3 pairs are young and i expect very little for the first 15 go rounds. IME that's abt the magic # for the parental learning curve with them. Give or take a few batches. Its fun to watch each batch get a lil further along than the previous.

Awesomeee!! Whats the oldest pair you currently have?

5yrs, but they are retired from breeding. They enjoy the happy life of swimmin, eatin, & chillin. I dont force breed my discus... i let them roam big planted tanks til i see the spawning behaviour. I then remove them, separate them, feed high protein diet, & re introduce them in a tank by themselves. I do have a couple of pairs that have their own tanks all the time. But they are crazily bonded pairs that get aggressive towards community if any other discusc even looks like they want to flirt.

To start This is one of my recent and long awaited purchases. A true L018 Gold nugget pleco. He/She is named Prospector.

Prospector resides in the 150 fully planted which house several Discus, Rams, Amano, & Bamboo shrimp.

You must increase efforts to breed up some gold nuggets so that I might purchase one...

sit in silence...

Im workin on it, bruh. Glad you found the thread. Sexed L018s are a tough find. I'm still trying . To sex the one I've got.

I think so. Ill check when i get home. Thanks gillie.

Im workin on it, bruh. Glad you found the thread. Sexed L018s are a tough find. I'm still trying . To sex the one I've got.

Awesome tanks Ryno! Dem fish are extraordinary!!!

sit in silence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom