Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof, don't click "see original" for that post.... You'll witness the same level of fish care as the KC USPS

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well 3 - 200w heaters for 27$ free shipping.... I gave it a try. In the meantime. I've got the Best woman ever!!! She went in the garage and found 5 working heaters a butt load of things i forgot abt. AC filters, led light strips, wave makers, power heads, etc.... She wants to start being more involved in the fishies. She loves it. Even goes to meetings with me.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You better hang on to that one....

Caleb

Shes a keeper.

As for the goldfish quote.... Not sure how that happened. I was answering nerdilish question abt what the plant front left was in cavatuoide corner.

The fish tank i spend most of my day in....

Rich folks need private chefs i guess.

Sounds like fun... Do most of them go home for thanksgiving break?

Yep. Tomorrow is just lunch and then im off til next monday.... Booyahhhhh.

Thanksgiving? More like TANKSgiving! We both get nice long breaks. Good for me to get started raising these fry. Good for you to keep going with your apistos

What's the word on the discus spawn?

Well, sorry to hear of the shipping problem but I am not surprised. This is why I hesitate to ship fish from "cheap" carriers and prefer to pick up my fish directly. Yes, it does limit some things to where I am but it eliminates these kinds of issues....mostly. ;) It's all part of the "game" unfortunately. :( I've had boxes opened, boxes lost, fish stolen out of boxes all from "reputable" shippers so nothing is guaranteed, especially when you have to mark the outside of the box with the contents. :huh: For what it's worth, this is why fish are so expensive in the stores. They don't use the USPS for shipping so the costs of things are much higher but the rewards( actually having fish to sell) are higher as well.

As the expression goes, "It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt." That usually ends up being the shipper and the fish. :(

Sorry to be a downer on a Monday morning. :whistle:

Yeah, stuff happens. But here in Maine the alternative is an awful selection of fish. I'll take my chances with the mail.

Well, sorry to hear of the shipping problem but I am not surprised. This is why I hesitate to ship fish from "cheap" carriers and prefer to pick up my fish directly. Yes, it does limit some things to where I am but it eliminates these kinds of issues....mostly. ;) It's all part of the "game" unfortunately. :( I've had boxes opened, boxes lost, fish stolen out of boxes all from "reputable" shippers so nothing is guaranteed, especially when you have to mark the outside of the box with the contents. :huh: For what it's worth, this is why fish are so expensive in the stores. They don't use the USPS for shipping so the costs of things are much higher but the rewards( actually having fish to sell) are higher as well.

As the expression goes, "It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt." That usually ends up being the shipper and the fish. :(

Sorry to be a downer on a Monday morning. :whistle:

You didnt have to type it... Your voice was already in my head saying darn near that exact thing.... Dang you ol wise one. You have taught me well.

You didnt have to type it... Your voice was already in my head saying darn near that exact thing.... Dang you ol wise one. You have taught me well.

Sorry? ;) I just thought it needed to be said again as others may not have read it in my other posts. :whistle: This IS the reality of shipping livestock with any shipping company.

Just so you know, when I learned of how there would be no guarantee of a timely arrival from you to me via the USPS, I started looking into making a trip up to see you to pick the fish up. I had mixed feelings as the cost to do so would have been more than using FedEx or UPS but then I would have missed out on the experience of the drive and seeing your setup first hand. :blink: It's still not out of the question just delayed ATM. :brows: (y)

Btw the Google pics of green glitters look awesome poppa! Didn't know they existed xD

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Did you see the pic on google from the missouri aquarium society?Its the first pic on google images that comes up. Those ARE (literally) the parents of the ones i might be able get you. Lol

Oh wow!!! Those are gorgeous!!!
I'd love me a pair of those :)

Sini's my personal bucket lugger.. I mean.. Husband..

Ok... So while im waiting for my pisto tanks to stabalize, i decided to give the EBR pair (that was digging a spawn pit) into their own 15gl. 82 degrees, 6.5ph, 189tds.

Think im gonna go ahead and isolate a pair of GBRs & an EBR/f /GBR/m pair. Corals yellows have given me eggs... Right on the dish too.... Suhweet. The other ram juvies are startin to get their lil stripes.... Theyre cute lil buggers. 1 of male juvie GBR is freakin huge.

Hey Poppa, what's the minimal size tank to breed these GBRS.
I have one male for now, and how many females should I get to do this , a future project?

Clem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom