Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tryin to decide on substrate.... Keep the natural pea pebbles or Black Sand.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thinkin the natural look might be a nice change. I started workin on it a week or so a go. Just cant make up my mind on where to go with it. Natural feel is sounded good though.

Hey congrats on Dem Discus Man!!!
Very cool choice my man, I have a feeling that's what the 150 was for[emoji6] . great news!!!

Clem

About to go watch a huuuuugeeee explosion. Dynamiting the biggest dorm on KUs campus. BABOOOOOOOOM

I got to watch them demolish the old coal burning electric plant, people were paying 10.00 a seat(I stood) to watch something that lasted 3 seconds. I wish I would have been smart enough to come up with that scheme...

Poppa what about play sand? It has the natural look to it like the pebbles, but won't let poop down to the bottom. I would think with discus feedings a lot of poop would get trapped in the gravel. Plus a bottom dweller like kuhli loaches would like sand more than gravel.

Poppa what about play sand? It has the natural look to it like the pebbles, but won't let poop down to the bottom. I would think with discus feedings a lot of poop would get trapped in the gravel. Plus a bottom dweller like kuhli loaches would like sand more than gravel.

I do have a 100lb bag in the garage.... Only need abt 200+ more lbs. Lol.

Play sand is under $5 after tax at Lowe's for a 50lb bag. I switched from black diamond blasting sand to play sand when I moved a few weeks ago, no regrets.

Jesse

How much of the pea pebbles do you have? At the home depot by me all purpose pea gravel is $3.55 for a 50lb bag, and all purpose play sand is $2.48 for a 50 pound bag.

I used quickrete play sand from home depot in the 75, like it alot! Used a bucket and hose to flood clean it, worked great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys.... Im tryin to picture the different ideas i have. And the outcome with each substrate choice.

I'm not a planted guy but have sand and gavel in my 180.
The sand will fall to bottom so only a dusting of pebbles is needed to achieve natural appearance .
Natural colors of course IMO.

Are your discus still guarding fry? I'm gonna eventually need some of those guys, I just put a deposit down on 6 75s.

No.... But, tadah... More eggs laid 38hrs ago. So i more than figured no fry a cpl days ago. Pics uploading. Same exact spot. I would have pulled them to a breeder tank. But i cant with all the rearranging going on in the tank room upstairs.

More pics.

My discus & rams school together.... A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom