Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks man, I'll check out the lfs tomorrow. I guess these snails eat the other guys ,the Assassin snails?

Clem

Fair would be $3. I sell mine for $2. Most want $5.99 (at least around here).

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the info. I plan on hitting up my lfs tomorrow to see how much they charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It could be snails, but the leaf in question does look to be emersed growth, so it could be dying off and that's why they are eating it. Another question is are there any bn, otos or farlowella of any sort in the tank? They too will munch on dying growth.

It could be snails, but the leaf in question does look to be emersed growth, so it could be dying off and that's why they are eating it. Another question is are there any bn, otos or farlowella of any sort in the tank? They too will munch on dying growth.
My bottom dweller's are: two small 2gold plecos, 3 medium clown loaches, and 3 small yo yo's.

Clem

I might say plecos then... The loaches should be controlling any snail issues? Is it all your leaves or just the few?

I might say plecos then... The loaches should be controlling any snail issues? Is it all your leaves or just the few?

On that plant it was just a few, but it seems some of the other plants got chewed as well , on some of their leaves as well. It just seems odd because I put some floating lettuce plants and I think whatever they had on them could have been introduced by carrier???

Clem

Trim the dead/dieing leaves... And see if this continues on the healthy, lush leaves.

Trim the dead/dieing leaves... And see if this continues on the healthy, lush leaves.

I did some trimming , water changes, I'll just have to monitor it for now? My Vals are quite long now almost 6 ft. I was just wondering if I should cut them back and how much should I cut?
Rite now it looks kinda neat and I like the way how it moves in the water. The fish really dig it !!!
The plant in the pics is a marble queen sword by the way .

Clem

Ok. So 300lbs of sand purchased. All Peacock Cichlids have been evicted... I mean sold ?. All rock work has been removed. Operation 150gl discus tank redux underway. Up first in the morning is substrate removal.... Oh joy.

Ok. So 300lbs of sand purchased. All Peacock Cichlids have been evicted... I mean sold ?. All rock work has been removed. Operation 150gl discus tank redux underway. Up first in the morning is substrate removal.... Oh joy.

Oh boy!!!
It's going to worth it when your done man.

Clem

Leaving those clowns in with the discus I hope! A certain someone has been bugging a certain other someone about how clown loaches and african cichlids don't belong together.... ;)

Clowns should be fine with discus..They never bothered mine in my 180..
I like the tank for first strike early/late in am..
Dig the gravel.

Was it 'Natural Aquarium' videos by Ivan Mikolji you linked way back?

Holy crap.... I slept in like no other...... Awsomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom