Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving those clowns in with the discus I hope! A certain someone has been bugging a certain other someone about how clown loaches and african cichlids don't belong together.... ;)

Those loaches loved the peacock cichlids, sini. They actually played back with the loaches. They lived with them for almost 2 years. before that they resided with discus.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Clowns should be fine with discus..They never bothered mine in my 180..
I like the tank for first strike early/late in am..
Dig the gravel.

Was it 'Natural Aquarium' videos by Ivan Mikolji you linked way back?

Im liking the gravel too.... But i think i like the natural sand look better. I cant remember if i linked linked the natural aquarium or not. Lol

Those loaches loved the peacock cichlids, sini. They actually played back with the loaches. They lived with them for almost 2 years. before that they resided with discus.

Well, peacock cichlids are better than it could have been. We'll keep agreeing to disagree here. I agree with bandit though, keep them with the discus!

Trust me bruh.... If i had seen any unhappy behaviour, those loaches would of got there own 90gl. I promise. I love those guys.

Trust me bruh.... If i had seen any unhappy behaviour, those loaches would of got there own 90gl. I promise. I love those guys.

And that's why I normally never bring it up :hide: But I am sure they'll be happier in discus-type water! Their natural habitats are actually quite similar.

Sooooooo..... Im sitting here smokin. Cant decide fully..... But i think sand is winning out. Gonna keep the natural color this time. Stray away from black sand. This is gonna be a chore, lol.

Broke the 1000 comments

And talking discus and loaches... I need to check in more often ;)

That natural sand will bring out some good color and loaches will love it!

Caleb

Agreed with Caleb! I've kept loaches with both gravel and sand and I have never gone back to gravel

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys.... You truly are awesome. I really have just been worried I'm burning out after the last 2 weeks. Shipped 20boxes, taken half my fish room to auction, lfs's, & private buyers.... Moved abt 1500lbs of substrate. 100s of gls of tanks. Put up a 2 breeding corners of tanks. 1 for rams, 1 for pistos. Had a 40gl disaster. 20gls of water on floor upstairs.... And running down the wall to the dining room. All cleaned and fixed now. Put 4- 40b's, 2- 75s, 3- 29s, and a 65gl in the garage. Cant see the forest from the trees ATM. ARGHHHHHHHHH.

But somehow i just keep going.

Sometimes we need hobbies from our hobbies. Hope you get some time to relax for a bit

And because you love your fish :)
Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Meh.... Im a motherfriggin soldier, and the job ain't done. Just gotta press through. I still love it, just been a tough fishy year. The spark i need is coming.... Its in proactive import quarantine. Once i get this 150gl redux rolling and get those rubies in..... The spark will make fire. Im also frustrated that since my tank collapse and loss of pairs, i cant get 1 of these new discus to produce fry.... I went from discus breeder to discus observer (dang you fishies.... Lol). Step backs always hurt an OCD kinda guy.

You will be fine!
I mix sand and gravel as I mentioned(natural like.).
I thought you link a bunch of videos back a while ago?
I found this reference while researching rams yesterday.
Footage is all natural and actual wild fish in their habitat.
Rams and apistos start about 23 minutes.....

Anyone know of a good free translator for South American Languages??
Not even sure what language?:facepalm:

Cíclidos Americanos :: Identificacion De Apistogrammas

This is a Venezuela fish forum!
The link I found the member caught his own apistos I believe??

You will be fine!

Lol, even for living in an area where they are native, some of those people were terrible with IDs, if they would have paid attention to the zigzag lateral markings, it would have made it a lot easier to come to the conclusion that it was A. hongsloi.

The forum is a Spanish speaking forum good sir:thumbup:

Last edited:
You will be fine!

That vid is a great watch. Wow.... To be able to visit such places is a dream. Thanks for that link.

You will be fine!

I thought I was the only one who watched his vids! They are really cool and I loved the natural look and fosh. Some of the pencil fish and apistos really caught my eye. I've watched all his Nature Aquarium Vids...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I thought I was the only one who watched his vids! They are really cool and I loved the natural look and fosh. Some of the pencil fish and apistos really caught my eye. I've watched all his Nature Aquarium Vids...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I find Ivan's video's much more enjoyable than those made by that pompous horse's @## Blerher.

I enjoyed that vid. Gonna check out more soon. Slowly making progress on the rescape. Got 150 lbs of sand in. Left abt 75lbs of pea pebbles in. Seems to be mixing in nicely. So when i pulled all the plants out and put them in a 5gl bucket, i apparently had a plec hiding in them. Was chilling in the bucket when i placed the plants back in, lol. What an explorer.

Rite on!!!
Clowns and Discus..[emoji6]
They work in my tank too!!!
Man I hope you save some energy for your creative thoughts, Your on fire dude, and everything is lookin good too!!!

Clem

Rite on!!!
Clowns and Discus..[emoji6]
They work in my tank too!!!
Man I hope you save some energy for your creative thoughts, Your on fire dude, and everything is lookin good too!!!

Clem

Thanks, brother. Im trudging through. It can always be re done. Coral is the MAN for suggesting gravel sand mix. Looks amazing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom