Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote ship Monday or Tuesday. Soon temperature will be too low for them. Id rather interrupt a spawn then have them freeze or stuck at your place

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

I vote ship Monday or Tuesday. Soon temperature will be too low for them. Id rather interrupt a spawn then have them freeze or stuck at your place

Well, there are a lot of worse places for a fish to be stuck ;) and not many better! But I don't want you stuck taking care of our fish and taking up your tank space.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't overwork yourself though! If a different day early next week suits you better by all means! We're grateful regardless

Bit late to the party, Happy Birthday!

Been silently reading this for a while and you have some really nice fish/tanks man.

Ahhhhhhhh..... Heaters are here and installed. Pisto paradise step 2 is complete. They came from crazy deep china. Sunsun-china $27.46 for 3- 200w heaters shipped. Not bad. Now to see how they work.

Also talked to the discus guy. Fish come out of quarantine Dec 10th. Then ship straight to me. So hopefully by next weekend they'll be swimmin in their new home.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ahhhhhhhh..... Heaters are hear and installed. Pisto paradise step 2 is complete. They came from crazy deep china. Sunsun-china $27.46 for 3- 200w heaters shipped. Not bad. Now to see how they work.

Also talked to the discus guy. Fish come out of quarantine Dec 10th. Then ship straight to me. So hopefully by next weekend they'll be swimmin in their new home.

I hope those heaters work, would love to have a cheaper heater option! Any news on the angelfish front?

Nothing ?. Looks like mondays the special day.

Nothing ?. Looks like mondays the special day.

Dangit, they're trolling us :lol: We're ready over here, swapped a cycled spong filter in there so it should be more than set.

Any updates on that second set of discus eggs you got btw?

In a tank they are going to be amazing :D they already look great out of water!

Notta from the 2nd set. But i expected that. Theyre in the community tank.

Those arnt even that cool man..pfft.. I've seen way cooler :( they're soooo sweeeet!! Make you tube videos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got an "N stuff" question for you Pleco breeders;) Here's the situation: 10 gal tank with the breeding pair and at least 38-40 fry just over 3 weeks old. Tonight, I saw the male in the cave for the first time since the last spawn and the inside is a bit cleaner than it was this morning. So, should this be a sign that they are going to spawn again, do I just leave it be or try to pull all the babies and move them to another tank? :confused: Thanks :flowers:

I would wait til they spawn. Pull dad n the eggs in the tube to another tank. Female has no purpose after laying because the male wont let her do anything anyways. Then move her to a new tank to prime for his return.

After the eggs hatch and dad exits the cave looking for food. Move him to her tank. And just move on down the line.

Okay, but this is the male that can't seem to keep his eggs in the tube. :facepalm: So will moving him when the eggs aren't there knock him off track and forget about the eggs? That's my concern. I don't seem to have problems with hatching the cluster on my own and my buddy who gave me them in the first place said that I shouldn't move them too often once they get settled. So I'm confused. :confused:

Try jar/tupperware/container hatching them with him. That way the eggs are in his face. Ive honestly not encountered an egg moving dad. I use the small cichlid caves with 1 opening. When hes in there guarding eggs i just tip the opening up and pull him,eggs, & cave to a breeder container. One easy swoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom